XLVI

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A chorus of horns is heard in the distance. The Witch-King turns and flies towards the new threat.
Gothmog and the orcs turn towards the sound of the horns.

The Riders of Rohan appear across the fields. The army of Rohan stops to face the rear of the orc army.

•••••

Éowyn speaks to her fellow rider, Merry.

-Courage, Merry. Courage for our friends.

••••••••••
•••••

-Form ranks, you maggots! Form ranks! Pikes in front, archers behind- Gothmog shouts to the Orcs.

••••••••••
•••••

Théoden rides along the front lines of the Rohirrim.

-Éomer! Take your eored down the left side- Théoden says to his nephew who rides where he has been told to go.

-Gamling, follow the King's banner down the center. Grimbold, take your company right, after you pass the wall. Forth, and fear no darkness!- his men does so.

-Arise! Arise! Riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword-day! A red day, ere the sun rises!

••••••••••
•••••

Orcs prepare for the ride of the Rohirrim.

••••••••••
•••••

-Whatever happens, stay with me. I will look after you- Éowyn murmurs to Merry.

•••••

Théoden rides up and down the lines, rattling his sword along the row of spears.

-Ride now, ride now, ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending! Death!

-Death!- his men echo.

-Forð Eorlingas!

Rohirrim horns sound the charge. The Rohirrim begin to move out behind their king.
Théoden leads the riders in a dash towards the orc battalions.

-Death!

•••••

-Fire!-

Orc archers shoot down some of the riders and yet many more are left unscathed.

-Death!

-Fire at will- Gorbag orders once again.

More orc archers fire, but the Rohirrim soon crash through the orc lines.
Éomer's group plunges into the orc reserves.

••••••••••
•••••

Arya faces the Rohirrim's direction from which they came.

-Argent!

The orc army surpassed the riders of Rohan by many. Gorbag was getting cocky as he realized this until a roar cut of his next order.

•••••

Surrounded by grey clouds and wreathed by his own flames, Argent appeared behind the Rohirrim, his eyes bright and claws out.