XXX

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Uruks march towards Helm's Deep, their pace matching each others'.

••••••••••
•••••

-Where is the horse and the rider. Where is the horn that was blowing.

The villagers receive their weapons.
A helmet is placed on the head of a scared boy, while another child looks at the axe in his hand. Arya approaches them, her sword at her waist, daggers by her thighs and a random bow hung over her back.

She placed herself in front of the two children and smiled as softly as she could hugging both of them before walking off in direction of her friends.

-They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow- Théoden said -How did it come to this.

••••••••••
•••••

At the Entmoot, Pippin awakes.

-It's been going for hours- Merry comments on the noise.

-They must have decided something by now.

-Decided? No, we've only just finished saying good morning- Treebeard hums.

-But it's nighttime already! You can't take forever- Merry says.

-Don't be hasty.

-We're running out of time!

••••••••••
•••••

Arya sees Aragorn sitting alone on stairs and then she sees a confused looking child with a sword.

-Give me your sword- the kid shakily hands the blade over -What is your name?

-Háleth, son of Háma, my lord. The men are saying that we will not live out the night. They say that it is hopeless.

Aragorn stands up and swings the sword.

-This is a good sword, Háleth, son of Háma- he lays his hand on the boys shoulder -There is always hope.

•••••

Arya skips inside throwing the ranger a smile and unpacks the armour she had gotten from Rhunön.
A leather-backed mail shirt that goes down to the hips, a black leather cap, on top of the leather cap was a mail coif designed with golden and silver dragon metal.

Greaves and bracers mail-backed gauntlets and metal boots that reached her calfs and almost her knees to protect her legs from stray arrows.

Gimli waddled near her with his chain mail reaching his knees and Legolas and Aragorn right behind him.

-That's very nice armour Arya- Aragorn complimented. Legolas smiled.

The sound of a horn is heard from outside.

-That is no orc horn!- the elf's says, running outside.

The gates are opened as soon as Arya walks out, and an army of elves march in. Men stare in awe.
Théoden walks down the stairs and meets the Elf Captain. Arya reminded him as the elf Haldir they had encountered at Lothlórien.

-How is this possible?

-I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell. An alliance once existed between elves and men. Long ago we fought and died together- Aragorn, Arya, Legolas and Gimli rush down the stairs -We come to honor that allegiance.