Chapter 18

Even though I saw it coming, it still hurts so much.
————————————————————————
This chapter is going to be a lot of back and forth between Sean and Sang's POV. It is an important chapter though so please do read. Thank you!
——————————————————————
Sang's POV:
There are a few moments of silence after the other boys leave, so I decide to break it. "Uhm I'm sorry I didn't smile back to you today. It was just a big day and I kinda got confused in my thoughts, and that sounds stupid and like I am making excuses but I really didn't mean to be rude and-" I am cut off by his chuckling. My head shoots up and when I see him laughing my eyebrows instantly furrow. "What's funny?"

Dr.Green stares at me for a second and then answers me. "Well pookie today was probably one of the hardest and most mentally draining days you have had in a while and here you are apologizing for not smiling. Your just too good to be true." I go to object but he cuts my off by raising his hand.
————————————————————————
Sean's POV:
She tries to object but I simply raise my hand because it is the truth. Today she has been through so much and owes me nothing. It's the day her dad left, the Friday fall thing, her having 9 guys be complete assholes to her, yet she still is apologizing as if not smiling is a crime. Crazy girl.

"Okay pookie lets take care of these wounds." I say expecting her to agree but she shakes her head.

"I already cleaned everything. There won't be any infections don't worry." She explains and I feel proud she at least knows this stuff.

"What happened today?" I blurt out before I can stop myself.

"Well I was walking in the hallway and then Greg grabbed me-" Sang begins to explain but I interrupt her. "No what happened when you got home?" Sang instantly pales and I hate to think about what could have happened.

"It doesn't matter. I am all good I promise." She dismisses my question as if she didn't get beat. I make my way over to her and she begins to scoot over but before she can I hold her shoulders where they are and sit down to where I am right beside her. Our thighs and shoulders are touching and I hope she can understand how much we want to support her.

"It does matter. It will always matter. How about I just ask you questions for now?" I ask hesitantly and she simply nods while keeping her head down, and her body slowly begins to shake. I hate seeing Sang like this so I do the thing I have wanted to do all day today, I pick her up gently and hold her in my lap. I try to be mindful of her injuries but she still ends up whimpering and crying out in pain. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I chant as I adjust her.

Once she regains her compose she shapely asks me,"What are you doing?You don't need to hold me." She begins to protest and all I do is tuck her head into my chest and rest my chin on her head. Sang tenses and I am about to let her go, but she relaxes and wraps her arms around me. My heart instantly explodes and it feels amazing having her in my arms
————————————————————————
Sang's POV:
Being held like this is like a breath of fresh air. It makes me feel so safe and protected; something I don't feel often. "Can I see them?" He asks and all I can do is send him a confused look."Your injuries." He elaborates and I am instantly shaking my head no. If he saw my ones from today he would see every single one from over the years and would leave. I'm not stupid enough to believe he would stay. They never do.
————————————————————————
Sean's POV:
I ask to see her injuries and she shakes her
head no so fast I'm afraid she might get whiplash. I look down to her and Sang's head is tucked down. This is the most vulnerable I have ever seen this girl and it's beautiful that shes opening up, but heartbreaking the reason why. I tighten my hold on her. "Why?" I whisper and she takes a deep breath before explaining. "All the injuries I got today would let you see every single one from over the years and they're so ugly. I hate every single one of them and nobody has ever, ever seen them." She finishes and by the time she does she is shaking completely in my arms.