Chapter 50

Most nights are tough. She lays there in darkness, overwhelmed by things she wishes she didn't think about
————————————————————
North's POV:
I knock on each door in the house. Owen's room, Sean's room, Luke's room, Nathan's room, Brandon's room and so on until every single door has been banged on. I'm hoping Sang doesn't get up because of the noise but I know if she does Silas will keep her in bed. As I walk by Cameron and Lily's rooms I am also much quieter.

"What the fuck are you doing North? It's 2 in the morning." Nathan curses while walking out of the room with his eyes narrowed in on me.

The third door down the hallway opens and Kota steps out. He looks confused when he sees me and I'm sure I look like a mess. I can feel my chest heaving and my fists clenched with anger.

I'm so sick of this shit. I don't want to see Sang cry and I'll be damned if I don't do something about it. Especially now that she thinks she is her mother. It isn't fucking true. Part of me is elated with the fact that Sang likes all of us. I don't think she meant to admit that but she didn't have much of a filter when she first woke up. The other part of me is hurting. I don't want Sang thinking bad about herself, or for her to think we're mad at her. That look in her eyes keep flashing in my mind.

She thought she was a failure? How the hell could Sang have failed when the kids have everything in life that a kid could ever want.

Cameron and Lily have better lives than anything I could have dreamed and my god I am proud of Sang. So fucking proud of my beautiful girl.

"North? What's up?" Kota sounds concerned and I don't blame him. I have the tendency to lose control over the people I care about but I have never woken people up in the middle of the night.

"Team meeting. Everyone." Those are the only words I can choke out and Kota squints but nods. I make my way to the living room and I hear more doors open.

I also hear Kota's quiet voice explaining and I'm glad he's here. I wouldn't be able to repeat myself over and over without losing it.

I lean against the wall as everybody files in. They are all being quiet so Sang and the kids don't wake up. When Axel and Owen walk in they seem the most put together but they look curious. I've never done this shit before.

"Mr.Taylor? It's the middle of the night. What could be so important?" Owen asks after everyone has found a seat. They all look half asleep while I feel like there is ten energy drinks coursing through my system right now.

"We're figuring things out right now." That's all I say and everyone looks even more confused. I'm fucking all this up. Silas should have done this, I'm not the one who talks.

"What are we figuring out?" Victor asks and my fists clench.

"Where we stand with Sang. What our relationship is. Clearly we all like her. Hell, I love that girl." Almost everyone's eyes widen. I don't know why they're shocked. She was my best friend. Silas was my brother.

"North why right now? It's the middle of the night. It couldn't have waited?" Sean sighs.

"No." I shake my head. "Sang can't...she needs to know." I can't think of a way to put it.

"North what happened?" This time it is Corey asking. He looks concerned. Raven wraps his arms around him and Raven rubs Corey's back.

"Sang woke up from a nightmare and she threw up." Instantly Sean looks worried, the doctor in him coming out. "Then she was leaning against Silas and started crying. Basically she was sick of the nightmares and all that." Im not sure if I should be telling them this, but Sang can be mad at me tomorrow if she wants. "Then she started comparing herself to her mother and father saying she was a failure because Cameron was mad at her." I sigh and everyone looks hurt. Nobody wants her to feel this way.