Chapter 36

The truth is I don't really need anybody. It sure is nice to have people around though.
————————————————————
Sean's POV:
I am worried to say the least. Today is the day that we have to leave Sang alone. I know that she shouldn't be left alone with her injuries but I am also afraid she might run if we crowd her too much. Especially with the way Owen is acting.

It is only 4:50 AM. When we said we had to leave early, we meant early. I make my way out of my room and quietly head down to Owen's. I sneak past Lily's room but I walk past Camerons normally.

Last night I was going to check in on him but he was no where to be found. Then I went to Sang's room and Cameron was snuggled deep into pookies side. I know that it definitely wasn't good for her ribs and the doctor in me was begging to move him, but I think they both needed the comfort. It was obvious Cameron was upset. Hell all of us were. What kind of person hurts a kid? If it hadn't been for the fact that Kota was one of our leaders, I think he would have stormed down there himself.

I am pretty sure he was thinking about if that was Jessica, his little sister, in Camerons place.

The worst part of it all was the guilt on pookies face. I don't know the whole story but I do know that if Sang knew, something would have been done immediately. I know she is taking responsibility and that is another reason I don't want to leave her. Shit I hate this.

I make it to Owens room and waltz right in without knocking. Why would I?

Of course Owen is dressed to pristine looks and he sends me an unheated glare. He acts like I annoy him but I know he loves me, like he does Pookie, but he is being an asshole right now.

I throw myself on the bed and cross my feet while propping my head up with my arms. "Well grumpy pants are you ready to go wake Sang up and say goodbye?" I ask and fully expect him to tell me yes or nod but his shoulders tighten up.

"I will let you do that. I am going to go wait in the car." He decides and the anger from yesterday builds up quickly inside of me.

"What do you mean? Owen, you seriously aren't going to say goodbye?" I ask incrediously but he simply nods.

"And why is that? Are you scared of that girl Owen? You are going to leave for days and not say goodbye?" I ask.

"Not that I owe an explanation Sean, but I have no feelings for Ms.Sorenson." He states and for the first time his expression wavers. He is lying. THE Owen Blackbourne is in denial.

"You will regret this. She cares about you and you care about her. Don't mess this up even more because you are scared of your feeling. I let yesterday go but I won't forgive you if you do this Owen." I warn and emotions flicker through his eyes, but they harden. He has decided.

"I will be in the car. Don't be long." He states and then walks off with his suitcase.

I am left standing there with my mouth dropped open. By the time he comes to his senses, it will be far too late. Fine. He can face the consequences of his own actions.

I make my way out of Owen's room and go to Pookies, I leave my suitcase outside the door and gently open the bedroom door. The first thing I see is Cameron completely sprawled out across the bed and he is snoring slightly. I swear my heart melts at that.

I do not see my pookie anywhere in bed though. I look to the right and the bathroom light is on so I quietly tip toe over there. Kinda creepy, but I am hoping Sang doesn't see it that way.

I stand at the doorway and my eyes widen when I see her. I expected her to still be in pajamas and messy hair. I was kind of looking forward to it since I have never seen her early in the morning like that.