Chapter 48

Just because you're struggling, doesn't mean your failing.
————————————————————
Warning: this chapter has a lot of coddling. I felt like this was a more realistic reaction than Sang just being okay and not needing support. I totally get if this isn't your thing but I hope you enjoy!
————————————————————
Owen's POV:
My eyes open and I know it is only five o clock. Everyday like clockwork I get up at five. There is always so much to do. I have to work, make sure all of my family is okay, and keep myself in check.

Normally I don't mind getting up,but having Sang with me, I wouldn't mind sleeping for ages. The only issue is my arms are empty and when I feel around, the only body I feel is Sean's and that is definitely not the one I want to cuddle with.

I sit up and see that Sean is slowly blinking his eyes open. The bed is empty and so is the room. "Where is she?" I mumble and Sean looks slightly concerned.

"The music room probably. Or the living room." He says and I turn my gaze to him.

"How do you know?"

"It happens often. Very rarely she stays in bed. That's why we always push for sleep." He sighs but it isn't a tired of her sigh. It's one where he wants something better for her.

"I'll go find her." I volunteer and he seems slightly shocked but I was serious when I said I was making a change. Having Sang in my arms was the best feeling I could have ever felt. Even when her eyes were puffy from crying and her body was shaking with each sob, she was beautiful and I'm tired of fighting it.

I swing my legs out of bed and get up quicker than I ever have. I walk out of my room quietly and walk towards the music room first. When I don't hear any noise coming from there I walk back towards the front of the house where I hear small clanging noises.

I follow the noises to the kitchen and pause at the doorway when I see Sang. She is in leggings and a long t shirt. Her hair is thrown into a bun and I could get used to seeing this every morning. Sang is standing by the counter, wiping it down aggressively. I can't see her face but her whole body is tense and our kitchen looks the cleanest it's ever been, so I would say that she's been at it for a while.

All of a sudden Sang whirls around and despite the situation, I smile. Her face is slightly red from crying and she looks anxious. That's not what I'm smiling at though. No, it's the fact that she is able to always sense us. "How do you do that?" I ask because it is the first thing I could think of.

"Do what?" Sang's voice is quiet, soft. Gentle even.

"You always know when one of us enter a room. How?" I ask in the same tone and she turns back to her cleaning.

"It's weird." The dismissiveness when she talks about herself makes me flinch.

"Well I would love to listen if you will talk." I don't know how she is feeling so I figure the gentle approach would be the best thing right now. Last night wasn't a thing where Sang automatically forgave me for why I did. That isn't the case at all.

Last night was one step in me begging her for forgiveness. It was a tiny advance in a long process, and I deserve every second of it.

"It is your smell." Sang states after a few moments of silence and I have to make sure I heard her correctly.

"Our smell?" I ask and red tints her cheek.

"Told you it was weird." The dismissive tone is back in her voice as Sang turns back around and begins scrubbing the counter once again.

I take my chances and walk over to where she's standing, hoping that Sang doesn't run away. "Never said it was weird. I just have never heard of something so unique. What do I smell like?" I wonder out loud and Sang turns to me.