Chapter 22

I had to accept the fact that I would never get an apology from them. The reason for that is because in their mind, they did nothing wrong.
————————————————————
Sang's POV:
We walk out of the store, and begin walking to the doors to leave. I'm walking behind the boys when I spot a cute little cafe in the corner of the mall. I stare at it for a second and that is when I notice a piano sitting right there. Before my mind can think, my body is moving towards the cafe and I make it to the doors. "Uh Cupcake whatcha doing?" Luke asks with his head tilted to the side in a curious gesture.

"Oh I was just looking at the piano." I mumble.

"Can you play?' Victor asks and I nod at him. "Yeah but I haven't played in years. I miss it." Then there is a gentle tug on my arm and I am being dragged into the cafe.

"What are we doing?" I ask with confusion lacing my voice.

"Don't you want to play? Look it is a free play night. Anyone can." Victor tells me while pointing to a sign hanging up beside the piano. My nerves spark up and I find myself shaking my head no before I can really think about it.

"You haven't played in a while and there's no line. It is your choice but I think you should." Victor tells me while squeezing my hand in encouragement. I look around the cafe and everybody in here looks nice. I can't be that bad anyways, right?

I nod and let go of Victor's hand and take a seat at the piano. People begin to quiet down and I look up to see all three boys giving me encouraging looks. Once everything is quiet I place my fingers on the piano and it is as if there is a spark, and I know exactly what I have to do.  My fingers glide across the keys with ease and after the opening beats, I begin to sing.

I've been fishing and can't catch a bite
I've been praying, ain't seen that light
I've been searching, high to the low
I've been working, working, working myself to the bone

The world around me begins to float away and I can no longer feel the nerves I did before.

Now my skin starts to crawl
I'm gon' tear down these walls if I don't get out
I've lost heaven to hell
And I know very well I'm gon' get it back

The way that I am playing makes me feel more alive than I have in a long time, and it is addicting. My voice begins to pick up in volume as I sing the chorus and I am only slightly aware of the dead silence in the cafe.

There's just this waiting game
And I don't know how to play
It's enough of a fight staying alive anyway
Yes, there's this waiting game
And I don't know how to play
It's enough of a fight staying alive anyway
There's a voice in my pillow, it's got it out for me
Umm, umm, 'cause it' keeps mumbling, mumbling

Every night this is how I feel when I try to go to sleep. It is torture.

All through the night, I can't sleep
I've been patient, oh, a change gon' come
But that damn clock just don't stop ticking, ticking, ticking away
That's the storm
Now my skin starts to crawl
I'm gon' tear down these walls if I don't get out
I've lost heaven to hell
And I know very well I'm gon' get it back

All of my emotions are coming into this and I feel like every second that passes, there is less weight on my chest.

There's just this waiting game
And I don't know how to play
It's enough of a fight staying alive anyway
Yes, there's this waiting game
Oh, I don't know how to play
It's enough of a fight staying alive anyway
Umm, umm, umm
Umm, umm, umm
(Waiting Game by Parson James)