Nightmare-NR

Background - y/n and nat had an argument which ended in y/n sleeping on the couch but she gets woken up by a very shook natasha.

nats pov

i hated arguing with y/n i mean who doesn't hate arguing with the love of their lives. But all of our previous arguments had never led to anyone sleeping on the couch.

I was laying in bed feeling very alone (which isn't a great feeling when you've slept with someone else in the bed for the past year). I was very tempted to just get up and carry her back to bed without saying a word. But we were both to stubborn for that, so i just went to sleep with y/n on my mind as usual.

nats dream

"natasha help!!" y/n screamed

"i'm coming baby, hold on!" i shouted back running towards the screams.

when i got to where y/n was i saw dreykov standing above her with a gun pointed towards her head.

"no stop please!" i pleaded

"oh natasha i was waiting for you" dreykov said

"nat please" y/n sobbed

"hang on honey" i tried reassuring her

"i'm scared" she cried

"okay this was cute but i'm bored" dreykov said

BANG

"NOOO" i screamed

end of dream

nats pov

i jumped up drenched in sweat with tears running down my face. I looked to the side and saw that y/n wasn't there i instantly started to panic. I then remembered that she had slept on the couch due to our argument. I didn't care about the argument anymore all i wanted was my girlfriend, so i got up and made my way to the living room.

y/n pov

me and nat had an argument so i was on the couch for the first time in our relationship. It took me so long to get to sleep but after i did i felt someone shake my shoulder, i opened one of my eyes and saw red hair i knew who it was.

"baby?" nat said sounding upset. But i just thought it was over the argument.

"y/n please wake up, i need you" she said crying and shaking me harder. That was all it took for me to be wide awake.

"sweetie what's wrong?" i said concern and worry lacing my voice.

"i had a nightmare" nats said still sobbing.

"aww baby, c'mere" I sat up and let her straddle my lap.

I forgot about the argument and just had to be there for my love. She buried her head in the crook of my neck, wrapped her arms around my neck tight and just sobbed. it was common for nat to have nightmares but none that made her like this.

"you wanna talk about it?" i said while rubbing her back with one hand and stroking her hair with the other.

She just shook her head and snuggled closer to me.

"okay, tell me when your ready" i said kissing her neck.

After a few more minutes just sitting comforting her i got up with her still wrapped around me and made my way back to our bedroom.

I carried her all the way there and tried to lay her down on the bed so i could go and bring the pillows and blankets back from the couch but she refused to let me go.

"no baby please just stay with me" nat pleaded.
"bubs i have to go get the stuff from the couch" i replied.

"please just get it in the morning" she clung tighter.

"okay okay, but you need to let me go so i can get into bed properly" i said.

She reluctantly let me go so i could get into bed.

The minute my head it the pillow her head was on my chest and she wrapped her arms around me. This really wasn't like her. Nat had calmed down but not fully she was still slightly sniffling.

"honey try go back to sleep" i say.

"i don't want to" she said.

"why not you must be tired" i say rubbing her arm.

"i am but i don't want to lose you" i was slightly taken back by what she meant but i didn't question it just now.

"don't worry baby i'll be here when you wake up, am not going anywhere" i say kissing her head hugging her tighter.

"you promise?" she asked moving her head to look me in the eye.

"i promise" i gently kissed her lips.

"i love you" she said moving up so her head so it was in the crook of my neck.

"i love you more" i replied.

the morning

y/n pov

I woke up before nat in the same positioned we fell asleep in.

Not even a few minutes later natasha started to wake up.

"good morning" i said stoking her hair.

"morning" she replied in her morning voice.

"how are you feeling?" i said kissing her head.

"better, thanks to you" she replied

"good, i hated seeing you like that, i mean i wasn't complaining about the cuddles but i hate seeing you upset" i say.

"yeah i know, i'm sorry, i really needed you last night. so thank you" she said shyly.

"you know i'm always here no matter the circumstance. So you wanna tell me what happened" i ask cautiously.

I felt her tense up so i just rubbed her arm and gave her a few kisses on the head.

"okay..." she said not sounding very confident which i expected.

"it's okay, take your time" i reassure her.

She sat up in front of me and took my hands in hers and held them tight.

"do you remember i was telling you about the man that took me to the red room when i was younger?" she asked me.

"yeah?" i replied.

"well... he killed you while i watched" her voice cracked as she said this.

"aww baby, it's okay. I'm here and im not going anywhere any time soon, your stuck with me" i said holding her hands tighter and bringing her into a hug.

She chuckled at my comment.

"can we make a promise though?" she asked into my neck"

"what's that?" i ask.

"that whenever we argue we fix it before we go to bed and no one sleeps on the couch?" she says.

"deal"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hey guys sorry it's been so long i've been really busy with school i hate it so much. i've been waking up, going to school, coming home, eating, reading wattpad (if am lucky) to escape all the work for a bit, and then back to sleep and then repeat that but i was watching black widow and had some inspo to write and here we are!

I hope you like this one!