It wasn't your fault - NR

Background: Nat, Clint, Steve and Tony were sent on a short but pretty dangerous mission, they get back and nat's pretty shaken.

Warning - Death

Y/n Pov

Nat had been sent on a mission this morning with Steve, Clint and Tony. She couldn't tell me much about it except that it wouldn't take too long.

It was now around 4pm and me and Wanda were just sitting in the kitchen chatting while she prepared dinner for the team. Wanda loved to tell me about the memories she had with Pietro, I found them funny and cute so I would happily listen for hours. Just as she was about to start another story, we heard JARVIS speak.

"Miss Y/L/N, Miss Maximoff, I thought id let you know then team on they're mission will be returning in approximately 5 minutes"

"Thank you JARVIS" I say getting up off my seat on the counter.

I gently grabbed Wandas arm pulling her behind me as we ran outside to see the team.

The jet was in view as we got outside. They landed a few minutes later,  Steve exiting first looking a bit roughed up. 

"Y/N, Wanda" He nodded at both if us before continuing to walk inside to get cleaned up.

Tony came out next with only a few scratches here and there. He didn't say anything, he just went straight inside. That wasn't like him.

Clint came out looking slightly worse than both of the guys before him, Nat was very close behind him looking fine just not looking ahead. She was looking at the floor.

"You good Barton?" I ask patting his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm good" He replies chuckling slightly. 

He looks behind him ever so slightly to not make it too obvious and just looks and me and shakes his head. Wanda walks inside with Clint to give him a hand with some bandages.

I watched Nat as she walked towards me with her head still down. She knew exactly where I was and came to stand right in front of me and just rest her forehead against my chest. I warp my arms around her tightly knowing something was wrong.

"Tasha?" I ask stroking her hair.

She looks up at me with puffy eyes meaning she had been crying. She would never cry in front of the team, maybe Clint if it was just him but it wasn't. She must've done it while walking out with her head down.

I cupped her face with my hands and gave her forehead a kiss before bringing her into another tight hug rubbing her back to sooth her. I pulled her back and put an arm over her shoulder pulling her into my side, she wrapped her arms round my waist and rested her head on my shoulder as we walked inside.

I walked straight to our bedroom hoping she'd tell me what happened. I sat her on the bed helping her take her suit off revealing many bruises and scratches. I noticed one on the side of her right thigh which was pretty deep. I went over to get one of her oversized t-shirt and underwear so I could clean her cut. I put them on her as she sat there looking at the floor with a few tears rolling down her cheeks. I kneel down in front of her putting my hands on her knees.

"Baby, I need to clean your cut" I say.

She nods and looks at me with guilty eyes. What happened on that mission?

"It hurts to walk" She say trying to stand.

"Okay" I say picking her up bridal style taking her to the bathroom.

I place her down on the counter and get the first aid kit from the cabinet. I get out the rubbing alcohol and pour it onto a fresh cloth. 

"Honey, this is deep, it's gonna hurt, okay?" I ask lifting her chin so she's looking at me.