Caravan-SJ

background: scarlett has never met y/n family but they get invited back to the UK to go on a family holiday with them.

y/n pov

Me and scarlett landed in manchester at around 7:30am, it was now around 8:30am and we were driving up to scotland where the caravan park is, which is where we were meeting my family. I was so excited for my family to meet scarlett. We had been together for just over a year but since i moved to new york a few years ago i haven't seen them for a while. I've not had a family holiday in so long and i'm so happy that scarlett was able to get time off and come with me.

I had been driving for around a half hour now, i have a licence but i don't usually drive in new york because it's far too busy but scarlett doesn't feel comfortable driving on the other side of the road so i'm driving while in the UK which i've kinda missed.

As i was driving i felt scarlett take my hand off the wheel, interlocked our fingers, put it on her lap and her head against the window. I looked at her and she looked so tired which is understandable due to the time difference. I wasn't as tired which i was surprised about, neither of us slept on the flight, i'm sure it'll catch up with me later. She was trying to keep her eyes open.

"baby, sleep i'll wake you when we get there" i say rubbing my thumb on her hand.

"no i'm fine" she said.

"babe your fighting it just go to sleep we still have a couple hours" i squeezed her hand.

"okay but as long as you keep hold of my hand" she replied.

"of course" i said with a smile.

Scarlett isn't usually like this but she's nervous to meet my family which i get.

"thank you, i love you" she kissed my hand.

"i love you too, i'll wake you soon"

time skip

We just arrived at the caravan park it was now around 12:45pm and scarlett was still in a deep sleep and still holding my hand which made my heart melt. I pulled up outside of me a scarlett's caravan, everyone had their own -my mum and dad had theirs, and my brother and his daughter had theirs- the door was unlocked so i am just gonna empty the car and put the luggage in the caravan and then i'll wake scarlett. But this means letting go of her hand which she won't like.

"scar?" i gently shake her.

"baby wake up" i say slightly louder.

"hmm" she groaned.

"i need you to let me go so i can empty the car then i'll come get you" i say pulling my hand away.

"noo!" she grabbed my hand even tighter.

"honey i'll be 5 minutes, time me if you want?" i ask.

"you've got 5 minutes" she say giving me a pouty face and letting go of my hand.

I give her a quick peck and start emptying the car.

After i had put the cases in the caravan i gave my mum a call to see where they were.

*ring**ring*
mum- "hello?"

me- "hey mum that us here, are yous here yet?"

mum- "hello sweetie, yeah me and your dad are                             here, your brothers not here yet."

me- "okay we'll that is settled but i think we're gonna go for a nap cause jet lag is catching up with both of us, but we'll see you tonight for the dinner right?"