A Good First Impression - SJ

Background: Y/N and Scarlett have been dating for 5 months now and Scarlett has been protective of Rose (Rose is 5)  meeting Y/N as her previous relationships haven't been great for Rose but today that changes.

Okay before I start this I just wanna say sorry for not posting in ages, schools took over my life and now I need to study for exams that start at the end of the month that run through all of may so I don't know when the next one will be but once these exams are over I can put more time into this.

Y/N Pov

I'm currently driving to my girlfriend Scarletts house to meet her daughter for the first time and I'm not gonna lie I'm scared. Me and Scarlett have been together for just over 5 months now and I totally understand why she has been skeptical about me meeting daughter. Rose has experienced 2 of Scarletts relationships fall apart and one of them was with Rose' father and the other with Colin who she grew very close with, so I understand why I'm now just meeting her.

Scarletts Pov

Today was an exciting day and a scary day for me. On one hand I get to see my girlfriend and she gets to meet my little girl and on the other hand she's meeting my little girl. Don't get me wrong I'm more excited than in am scared but the feeling is still there. I had this feeling when I introduced her to Colin and even though it went great and they got really close none of that really mattered since it didn't work out between us.

"Rose can you come here for a minute" I shout up to her since she's in her room playing.

I heard small footsteps running down the hall to the stairs.

"What's wrong mommy?" She asks from the top of the stairs.

"Nothing baby I just need you to come downstairs I need to tell you something" I say holding my hand out for her to take when she comes down.

She carefully comes down the stairs and takes my hand. I lead her to the living room where we both sit down.

"Okay, do you remember when I first introduced you to Colin?" I ask.

"Uh a little" She replied quietly.

"Well someone is coming over today that I want you to meet" I say stroking her hair.

"Are they like Colin?" She asks perking up.

"Um, I'd say better" I whisper.

"How can they be better?" She asks sadly.

"Baby I know you loved Colin very much and so did mommy but even though we loved Colin and he loved us sometimes people fall out of love and fall in love with other people" I explain hoping she understands.

"Have you fallen in love with someone else?" She asks.

I smile at her question and nod.

"I have"

"Is that who is coming over today" She asks.

"it is" I confirm.

"When are they coming over?" Sh asks looking at the clock.

"In about 30 minutes" I answer.

"Okay...what's their name?" She asks starting to get  more curious.

"Her name is Y/N"

"Her?"

I saw this coming a mile away but I just smile down at her.

"Yeah her" I chuckle.

"Can you tell me about her"

"Is there any point in meeting her if I do that" I tease poking her side.