Secrets Pt2 - SJ

Background: It's been 3 years since Scarlett found out about Max.

Y/n pov

Positive

I immediately start crying happy tears. This is mine and Scarletts 3rd round of IVF and it finally worked for us. We've had 2 unsuccessful rounds and it really brought us down and we really thought it wouldn't happen.

Scarlett is currently working and Max is at school, so right now I have no one to share my excitement with. I have a plan on how to tell Scarlett, I'm just gonna straight up tell Max because I need him to help me tell Scarlett. I've planned how to tell Scarlett ever since we started trying for a baby, and I think it's perfect and will give her some deja vu.

Time Skip

I'm on my way to pick Max up rom school and I can't wait to tell him he's going to have a sibling. Recently he's been asking why he doesn't have one and if he can get one. I would've loved to give him a sibling sooner but it just wasn't the right time for me and Scarlett.

I stand outside of the car for him to see me and the minute he does he does what he does everyday and breaks into a sprint towards me. I bend down so I can give him a proper hug.

"Hey buddy, how was your day?" I ask picking him up and bringing him round to his side.

"Good, I drew a dinosaur" He says sounding very proud of himself.

"Ooooo you'll have to show me when we get home" I say taking his bag off him so he can buckle himself in.

I go round and get into the drivers side and turn on is playlist.

We get home in no time since we didn't live too far from his school.

"Max I need to talk to you can you go into the living room please" I shout form the car as he made his way inside.

"Okay" He shouts back

I lock the car and head inside and see that he is waiting for me on the couch.

"Am I in trouble?" He asks swinging his feet since he's still too small to touch the ground.

"No honey you're not in trouble I just wanna tell you something before I tell Scarly, that way you can help me tell her" I explain sitting next to him.

"Scarly doesn't know?" He asks looking up at me.

"Nope you're the first person I'm telling" I say.

He nods telling me to continue.

"Okay so, do you know how you've been asking me why you don't have a sibling or that you want one?"

"Yeah I want one so I can look after them and play with them" He says making my heart melt.

"I know you do, so me and Scarly have been trying really hard to be able to give you a sibling"

"You have?" He asks since we didn't tell him incase they didn't work, and just as well we didn't tell him.

"We have and now in here" I point to my stomach. "Is your future baby brother or sister"

"Wait right now?" He says looking at my stomach.

"Yeah, your sibling is in there right now" I say.

"Well when do they come out?" He asks.

"In 9 months at most but I don't know how long they've been in there, well I have an idea but I will go a get them checked by a doctor" I explain.

"Wait I'm gonna have a sibling?" He says to himself and then it really hits him and he starts jumping up and down.

I laugh at his reaction and bring him to sit on my lap.