Surprise - SJ

Background: Scarlett has an interview with Ellen and gets a surprise.

This is my longest one shot yet btw.

Just wanna say I don't support Ellen I just thought if these interviews and thought it would be cute.

Scarlett Pov

Today was my interview with Ellen to promote Jojo Rabbit and Marriage Story. Lizzie was kind enough to come over and look after Rose for a few hours, Rose loved Lizzie so it worked out great. I'm actually quite excited although I am praying she doesn't ask about Y/n because I might just break down at this point. I haven't seen her in 6 months as she was shooting her new movie in London. She's really busy since she is directing this movie and also acting.

I am currently in my dressing room waiting to be called. I was just scrolling on my phone dropping Y/n a text before I go out.

Me

Hi honey, I'm just about to go out for my Interview I'll phone you when I'm finished. I love you, talk soon xxx

I put my phone down and not even a minute later my phone buzzes.

My Love

Good luck baby, I'm sure you'll be amazing as always. I love you too. Can't wait to hear your voice xxx

I smile down at my phone a blush forming on my cheeks. I hear I knock on my door.

"Come in!" I shout.

One of the producers came in.

"You're on in 5"

"Okay I'll be right out" I say standing up sticking my phone in my bag.

I make my way backstage and go and get my mic on.

"Our next guest is one of the highest paid actresses of all time, her movies have made over $14.3 billion dollars worldwide. Please welcome Scarlett Johansson!" Ellen says standing up ready to greet me.

I make my way out and wave at the crowd. I make my way over to Ellen and gave her a quick hug  before sitting down opposite her.

"You look fabulous" Ellen says

"Thank you" I say fixing my dress.

"Congratulations i..you got engaged since the last time I saw you"

"I did yes" I say smiling sheepishly.

"Were you expecting that" She asks.

"Um.." I go to answer but the crowd starts to cheer.

"Thank you" I say suddenly going all shy.

"I did it!" I say fist bumping the air.

"You did it, you locked her in" Ellen says causing me to laugh.

"She's such a beautiful woman" Ellen says.

"She is a beautiful woman, I mean I'm partial but you know, now we're engages so, i..uh.. am falling down that path now yes" I say chuckling at the end.

"Right, no now were you really expecting it and thinking when was this finally gonna happen?" Ellen asks digging for as much information as possible.

"Ummm...no i don't think so I...I guess I um... I mean it seemed like it wa- you know it was something that I thought would be ni- I mean we talked about um" I ask not letting to much spill.

"Right, did she do it in a romantic way, you don't have to say exactly what but"

God she's really digging.