Chapter 5: "It's His Nap Time. Never Disturb a Cat's Nap Time."

"...It's lunch time and he's still..."

Yuuji watched Shin sleep peacefully. A few soft snores escape the tired student and he barely moved at all. He's going to skip lunch at this rate. Yuuji reached out his hand, then retracted, reached out again, then retracted. Should he wake him up?

He didn't want to have anything to do with Shin anymore, but his conscience tells him to wake up Shin so he could have his lunch or whatever. The rest of the students went to the cafeteria to eat while a few were left to eat in the classroom. Some minded their own business whilst others observed Yuuji's struggle.

Yuuji looked at the audience he was receiving and shrugged.

"He's just trying to get your attention, Yuuji. Don't fall for it." A girl whispered.

"Yeah, just leave him alone." His seatmate on the right said.

"..."

Yuuji sighed and made his final decision. He may dislike Shin, but he didn't hate him. He looks at Shin and was about to shake the boy awake, when a voice interrupted him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

A voice said from the door. Yuuji turned around to see a popular face known as Suzuki Haruto. What the heck was he doing here? Everyone looked at Haruto in confusion. They all wondered if he was here to play around or mess with people. He was well-liked by the school, but disliked by some. Haruto chuckles and crosses his arms, leaning against the door. "Unless you want to be scratched, be my guest."

Scratched??

"Or maybe bitten~" He said with a teasing tone.

Nobody could tell if he was telling the truth or just messing around.

And why is Haruto getting involved with Shin all of the sudden.

"What do you want, Suzuki?" Yuuji asked.

"I just came to check up on him, that's all."

"Huh?"

Ever since that day on the rooftop, Haruto felt like he gained a responsibility somehow. He didn't exactly have term or word for it, but more of a feeling. Shin kept sleeping and sleeping, and he was very strange when he went home yesterday. Haruto wouldn't say it's a responsibility though, he would say more on curiosity. Haruto was the type to watch and ignite drama after all. When he finally heard of what happened between Yuuji and Shin, he wanted to see the aftermath and how things would play out.

He was not disappointed.

Seeing Yuuji's struggle was amusing.

He couldn't help but tease more. "So? What are you going to do?"

"..."

"It means nothing if you wake him up by the way. You're just being a good person, that's all." Haruto shows a close-eyed smile. "He already accepted your rejection anyway, so what's the harm waking him up?"

Wait, didn't you just say something about being scratched and bitten?

"Go away, Suzuki." A classmate said, quite annoyed. He really just came here to mess with Yuuji.

"Yeah, mind your own business."

"Then are you all gonna let the poor student starve?" Haruto asked.

Another classmate replied. "It's his fault for napping anyway. He should've set an alarm-"

"All of you are so noisy." A groggy voice suddenly cut off all of them. They all froze in place except for Haruto, who began to silently clap and coo at awakened Shin. Yuuji swore he could hear a low growl from beside him.

"You're finally awake! It's lunch time, Shin!"

"..."

Shin reluctantly got up from his seat and made his way towards Haruto. Everyone felt as if they were watching a zombie make its way to its prey. Haruto however, was unfazed by Shin approaching him. Haruto simply grinned and stepped back slightly to let Shin out the door.

"Are you a fucking alarm or what?" Shin commented.

HE CURSED!?

"Only for you!" Haruto replies with a high pitch tone.

"..."

*WOOSH!*

"..."

"Hehe~" Haruto laughed. He was a few steps away from Shin, who's hand was raised.

"Why did you jump back?"

"Because you were gonna hit me!"

"Did I tell you that you could jump back? Come back here."

"Nope." Haruto stuck his tongue out and ran off, earning a loud hiss from Shin. Despite the annoyance and rage filling inside Shin, he was too tired to chase after Haruto. He looked back at everyone at the classroom, and they all looked at him with wide mouths.

"...Mosquitos and flies are reproducing at an alarming rate. Please close your mouths." Shin simply said and fully walked out the classroom.

"..."

Yuuji's seatmate was the first to speak.

"What the hell did we just witness?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading guys! See all of you in the next chapter!