Chapter 18: Being Away

7:20 in the morning.

Nakamura Shin was walking the streets of his grandmother's hometown. There were several stores with all kinds of snacks, even ones Shin didn't recognize. Even though it was morning, the town seemed very lively already. Well, mostly people who were preparing for the upcoming summer festival.

Since it was still calm and less crowded, this was the perfect time to buy souvenirs and gifts. First stop was the accessory shop. There was a variety to choose from of course, and plenty of different designs.

Hmm...he mentioned liking pink so...

After viewing various designs, Shin chose...

Almost every design because it was useful in clipping Haruto's messy hair. Most of them were pink, he chose a few darker colored ones just in case, as well as blue ones.

I should just get a comb too...

"Hello sir, you seem to have picked a lot of things." The person in charge of the store commented, looking over all the items Shin has picked. The store offered some free little baskets for them to take and Shin's was almost filled.

Shin didn't exactly know how to respond to that, so he just nodded.

"Is it a gift?"

"Yeah..."

"Sorry for suddenly prying, but I just wanted to ask if you know how to do hair and such?"

"Not really..."

"Want to learn?"

"..."

Why not?

After spending time in the people-empty accessory shop with the person in-charge, Shin came out with new knowledge. He didn't just get hair necessities for Haruto's wild hair, but useful advice for the man's hair.

The next destination is the Fabric store.

Shin takes out his phone from his pocket to check the map.

All of the sudden, a group of playful children bumped into him. He falls over and-

...

"Oh my goodness! Someone call for help!"

Meanwhile...

8:30 in the morning.

Haruto stared at his phone, looking a bit concerned.

"What's wrong, Suzuki-san?" Kei asked.

Suzuki Haruto, Takahashi Yuuji and Miyazaki Kei are all together at the beach. Haruto just sat under the umbrella in a loose jacket and some shorts. Kei was wearing something similar, as well as Yuuji.

"Oh, it's just that I can't reach Shin all of the sudden." Haruto frowns.

"Maybe he's just busy." Yuuji replies, drinking a can of cool soda.

"Yeah, maybe you're right." Haruto mutters, but there was strange feeling he couldn't get off his chest. He felt like something had happened, but maybe he's just overthinking. Shin hadn't been replying to his texts at all ever since around 7:30 and now he can't even reach Shin's phone.

He's just busy...He did say he'll be sightseeing today so...

"You're so clingy, Suzuki." Yuuji comments with a laugh, "It's a school mystery how Shin's able to deal with you."

Kei laughs warmly, "Silly Yuuji, it's because Nakamura-kun likes Suzuki-san!"

"W-What?"

Haruto smirks, crossing his arms. He looked smug, "Yeah, I'm a pretty amazing guy after all~"