Chapter 10: IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!!

"Here are the notes, Nakamura-kun!" Kei happily gave Shin a notebook. Shin gratefully takes the notebook with a hum. He was still in bed, wrapped in his blanket. His hand peeks out a little to take the notebook and place it at his side.

"Thank you, Miyazaki-san."

Kei nods. "It's not a problem, Nakamura-kun! It's the least I could do. By the way, you don't have to add -san. You don't need to worry about honorifics with me! I don't mind."

Ahh...What a sweet MC. Shin thought.

"Alright then..."

"How are you feeling now?" Kei asked.

"Better." Shin replies.

"That's good, but don't push yourself too hard."

"Yes."

"Oh! Are you hungry? I bought some snacks on the way." Kei said, revealing that he had a bag of snacks. Shin recognized them because they were from the vending machine.

Shin turns silent for a moment.

"..."

"..."

Shin sits up and spoke. "Have a seat."

Meanwhile...

Shin, where are you?!

Haruto thought as he sped walk through the halls. His search in the halls led him with no results, so he walked up the stairs until he reached the rooftop. He hoped to find Shin at his sleeping spot, but no sign of him. Haruto internally curses as he runs down the stairs.

He checked every corner of the hallway again to see if Shin had fallen asleep somewhere, or he they had passed by each other without noticing. He tried to call out for his name. "Shin!? Shin! Where are you!?"

The passing students jumped in surprise at his sudden call.

"Excuse me, are you looking for Nakamura-kun?" One of the students, a girl, asked.

"Yes! Do you know where he is?"

"I'm not sure, but I heard Kei knows where he is."

The highlighter. Haruto clicked his tongue.

"Where is he?"

The girl felt a shiver down her spine at Haruto's dark expression. "I-I don't know, but I saw him go down the stairs to the 2nd floor a while ago..."

The second floor?

"Thank you." Haruto dashes off.

"..."

"Did...Did I just say something I shouldn't have?" The girl asked her friends around her. Her friends shrugged, all wearing the same concerned expression.

Haruto runs down the stairs and arrives at the second floor. Then just in time, he saw Kei about to head down to the first floor.

"Hello, Keikō pen-kun!"

Kei pauses and turns around to meet Haruto. Kei was baffled. Did...someone just call him Keikō pen? Kei sees Haruto approaching him with a close-eyed smile, hands in his pockets. But even though there was smile on his face, Kei's instincts told him that something was off.

"Keikō...pen?" Kei repeats quietly. "Um, my name's just Kei-"

Before Kei could finish correcting Haruto, Haruto grabs Kei's arm and pushes him against the wall. He slams his arm against the wall, trapping Kei. "Where is Shin?"