Chapter 8: The Protagonist

"A few more hours..."

Shin muttered.

He was lying down on his bed, hugging his pillow as he stared up at the ceiling. He thought about the event that will happen in a few hours. Once the sun comes up and he arrives at school, he'll meet a very familiar character. The epitome of adorableness and pureness known as Miyazaki Kei.

Light purple hair, soft pair of silver eyes and a gentle smile.

Kei was one adorable ball of fluff.

He had a very healing aura. Despite being adorable, he had a handsome charm to him as well. He was almost the same height as Yuuji too.

Of course, as we all know...The original Shin hated Kei. He spread rumors about Kei, rumors about how vile and evil Kei actually was. He gathered fake evidence just to make Kei's life miserable. Shin (Touma) will not do that! It was too tiring and he basically retired from the villain role anyway. If someone wants to replace him, then go ahead. Yuuji's gonna be out for blood.

Besides, Shin already has his hands full with a certain someone.

Kei coming would also mean that Shin will encounter another event. This event's purpose is to reaffirm the original Shin's love for Yuuji. It's basically just to show how much Shin loves Yuuji that he'd turn down a very wonderful opportunity. (It was wonderful opportunity in Shin (Touma)'s opinion.)

Anyways, Shin looks forward to the upcoming days. He'll just have to deal with the next few days and he'll get his reward. After a bit of secretly planning his move in the upcoming days, he let sleep embrace him as usual.

The sun's up and Shin's on his way to school. As usual, he bumps into the one and only Suzuki Haruto.

"Good morning Shin!"

"...Mornin..."

Yeah, Shin doesn't have anyone else other than him. Nobody else approaches him like Haruto does. Yuuji and him have been good terms and only talk inside of the classroom, outside becomes a battlefield of silence. People also greet him now and are less afraid to talk to him, but nobody beats a leech like Suzuki Haruto.

"So, what are you going to do today?" Haruto asked.

"Huh?" Shin tilts his head him. "What do you mean?"

Haruto stares at Shin in silence for while and shakes his head. "Never mind, just call me when you need me okay?"

This is a first...Shin thought. He'd never seen Haruto so...well, like this.

"Now that I think about it, we never exchanged numbers! Give me your number, Shin!" Haruto said, his phone already at hand and ready.

"I don't want an extra alarm clock at home." Shin replied, imagining his future annoyance of continuous phone calls.

Haruto clutched his chest dramatically. "You've been cheating on me!?"

"Shut up, you idiot!" Shin shouted.

Haruto cried crocodile tears as he shook his head. He shouted back in grief as he grabbed Shin's hands. "I'm your alarm clock!? What's another alarm clock doing at your house!?"

"It's always been at my house!"

Haruto cried. "So...I'm your second? I see, I've always been second, huh...I can't believe I lost to fucking inanimate alarm clock."

"There was no competition in the first place, dumbass." Shin said, yanking his hands away.

"Shin!! Throw that thing away and choose me!"