Chapter 24: Rooftop Rendezvous

What happened!?

"N-Nakamura-kun..." Kei says gently, "Why do you want to do that?"

"..."

"It's okay Nakamura-kun." Kei adds, nodding understandingly. "I'm sure everything will be fine."

"...Going to get something to eat." And with that, Shin left the classroom.

"..."

"Yuuji, we have do something." Kei says, a little panicked. "Nakamura-kun looks so sad now and Suzuki-san is acting so strange."

"I know you want to help, Kei...But whatever it is, its their business." Yuuji replies regretfully. He too wanted to do something, but Shin made it clear he didn't want to talk about it at all. "I'm sure you understand why with how Nakamura acted..."

"We don't have to help directly." Kei proposes, "We just have to..."

"Have to...?"

"Think about it Yuuji. Why does Nakamura-kun want to scream? Clearly to express something, right?" Kei speculates. "We don't know if Suzuki-san is the main source of problem, but he's a large factor and I believe that Nakamura-kun wants to express something to Suzuki-san, but doesn't know how to!"

"..." Yuuji stares at Kei in awe.

"So we just have to create an opportunity for them talk it out and time it perfectly in a way that isn't forced. You get what I'm saying?" Kei continues, clasping his hands together.

"What if we make things worse?" Yuuji asks, frowning.

"You're right..." Kei exhales dejectedly.

"..."

"I have another idea."

"What is it?"

"Let's go talk to Suzuki-san!"

Yuuji couldn't even say anything as he was dragged by Kei out the classroom. Their first destination was Haruto's classroom, but he was nowhere to be found. Kei decides to go the rooftop next with Yuuji, the place being a frequent spot visited by Haruto. They didn't need to search long as they found Haruto sitting on the stairs alone.

"Suzuki-san..."

"Suzuki..."

The pair calls. Haruto looks up, his face dull.

"Oh, hey you two. What's up?"

"What happened between you and Nakamura-kun?" Kei gets straight to the point.

Haruto stiffens for a moment and looks away. "It's something we'll deal with ourselves. He just needs time to cool down."

"You'll talk to him, right?"

Haruto nods. "Of course I will."

"You know Suzuki..." Yuuji suddenly joins. "Nakamura said he wanted to scream."

"..."

"Did you do something to him?"

"It's none of your business, Takahashi. Sorry, but Shin wouldn't like me to talk about it." Haruto replies coldly, stunning the two.

"So you really did something!?" Yuuji snapped.

"Y-Yuuji?" Kei comes in between the two, hoping to stop whatever storm will cross.

"I swear if you did something to Naka-"

"Why are you reacting like this?" Haruto asks, standing up to face Yuuji properly, hands in hidden in his pockets. "I would never and will never hurt Shin."