EXTRA 7: Highlight of My Life

I can do this!

He stood in front of a house so familiar, yet he had a strange feeling in his heart. It was pounding so fast, he didn't know how to calm down at all.

He gulped nervously and raised his finger to press the doorbell.

This will be the day...

This will finally be the day where he will confess to Takahashi Yuuji!

He'll ask him out on a date and use every bit of knowledge he learned from movies, novels and the dating coach and apply them at this exact moment.

"..."

After graduation, Yuuji pursued medical arts and moved very far away. It kind of felt like deja vu to Kei. When they were kids, Kei was the one to move very far away and now it was the opposite. After Yuuji left, Kei felt lonely as he did in the past. He always hung out with Yuuji and reignited their childhood friendship. After more days pass by, his heart ached and he didn't know what to do. He brushes it off as simply a lonely feeling with no complex emotions behind it.

One day, Kei was walking absentmindedly, he didn't realize that he instinctively walked to Yuuji's house because he was used to it. He was so used to coming home to Yuuji's house rather than his own.

I guess we're that close of a pair of best friends, huh...

Is what Kei thought.

"Well if it isn't Keikō pen-kun." A very familiar voice calls.

Kei spun around to see Haruto passing by. He was wearing a suit and carrying a box.

"Suzuki-san, good afternoon!" Kei greets. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just delivering some stuff to my dad's co-worker. Got sick and all." Haruto answers, then he grins at Kei. "What are you doing in front of Takahashi's house like you're about to confess or something?"

"W-WHAT!?" Kei turned bright red.

Haruto laughs like a gremlin. "Hehe, I was just joking Keikō pen-kun. Or do you actually like him, hm?"

"N-No! We're just friends!"

Haruto nods, still smiling. "Mhm. Well, I'm off then!"

"Yeah...See you..."

Confessing to Yuuji?

What a silly thing to do...

Kei's face still felt warm.

No way.

Why did that sound so nice!? Why did that make him react this way!!? Did he just feel that lonely!!? Kei was going slowly insane, did he like his best friend!?

After going through such revelations, Kei began to read romance novels and watch romance movies. It was also because of meeting Haruto that day, which reminded him how oblivious he was to Shin and Haruto's relationship. The reason why he thought Shin and Haruto were friends because their closeness reminds him of his own closeness with Yuuji as best friends.

...

Wait hold up.

"Kei-kun, what are you doing here?" It was Yuuji's mother taking out the trash. A woman with long blonde hair tied to a ponytail that rests on her shoulders. She had bright blue eyes.

"T-Takahashi-san, um..." Kei thought of an excuse. "I came here to get my clothes I left in Yuuji's room."

...