Chapter 11: Test of Courage

Shin was running as fast as he could. How could he disturb the two's lovely time together? That should be Yuuji's job! As Shin was running through the hall, he noticed a figure in the distance. It was Takahashi Yuuji. Yuuji's eyes widen when saw Shin running like he was part of the track team.

"Eh? Nakamura-" Before Yuuji could finish, Shin cuts him off and points at the stairs.

"Miyazaki-kun is upstairs. Go up, turn right and voila! Bye!"

"H-Hey! Wait a second!" Before Shin could run off, Yuuji grabbed Shin's arm. "What happened? Why are you running?"

Shin yanks him arm away and frowned. "Nothing, but you better hurry before Miyazaki-san slips away from your grasp."

What? Yuuji raises his eyebrow, his face in utter shock.

"Is he danger!?" Yuuji asks, panicked.

"Go see for yourself." Shin says, leaving an ambiguous atmosphere, worrying Yuuji further. Yuuji looked at the stairs, then at Shin. "Come with me!"

"Wait, what?" Before Shin could do anything, Yuuji took his wrist and dragged him up the stairs. Shin was trying to say something, but couldn't due to the sudden run and it was dangerous to pull back when they were on the stairs.

When Yuuji and Shin got up to that floor, their mouths hung open.

Haruto was curled up on the floor, trembling. He looked traumatized.

While Kei was trying to get him off the floor. Kei's face brightens when he spots Shin and Yuuji. "Yuuji! Nakamura-kun! Great timing, help me! I think he needs to go the nurse's office!"

"..."

Shin, "..."

What the hell happened?

"Shin!!" Haruto cried out, pushing himself off the floor and ran towards him. "It's not what you think! I was just asking Keikō pen-kun where you were! Actually, where were you!?"

"..."

"Kei...kō-pen?" Yuuji repeats, baffled.

I won't let you go anywhere near him until you answer what you are to him. You're staying here with me...= Asking where I am?

"..."

Shin tilts his head.

Haruto grew concerned.

Yuuji looks at Kei for answers.

And Kei just shrugs.

The next day...

The problem was sorted out, thankfully. Haruto's soul had returned inside his body, safe and sound. Kei apologized first and mistook Haruto as Shin's bully, and both have supported each other's claims that Haruto was really just looking for Shin...How did looking for Shin escalate to that extent!? Is what Shin and Yuuji thought when Haruto and Kei told the whole story.

"Geez, you sounded helpless without me." Shin lightly hits the top of Haruto's head with a hand chop. Haruto hums, relieved that the misunderstanding was cleared up nicely. He grins at Shin, who stared at him blankly. They were met each other in the morning as usual at their usual fork in the road. They began to walk to school.

"I could say the same about you, who was it that immediately asked to be carried after running so much yesterday?"

"You-" Shin smacked Haruto's arm and walked away swiftly. Haruto laughed behind him and followed. Shin paused and glared at Haruto. "I was talking out of exhaustion. Nothing happened."