Epilogue

Two years pass by once more.

Graduating and focusing on work for the time being. They have no need to rush, they can have it when they're ready. However, they had already discussed a few details about it. It should definitely be on a spring day, a little private occasion with close friends and family, a traditional ceremony to be held at their Grandmother's town in the countryside.

"Shin, will you call me husband once when we get married? Honey? Sweetie? Darling?" Haruto asked one time with a smirk.

"Baby."

Haruto falls, squealing.

"For always crying."

Haruto cries.

Shin laughs and kisses Haruto. "Husband, don't cry."

"..."

"See?" Shin sighs. "This is what happens when I call you that. Oh? Mom's calling..."

Shin picks up the phone while stroking Haruto's hair. "Reiko-san? I'm sorry, but Haruto's out of commission. He'll be fine after a few hours, perhaps a few days."

"Don't worry Shin, hopefully Haruto will get used to it." Shin hasn't even told her why Haruto was down and she could already tell what happened. Shin shivered.

After a few months, they could finally plan out their special occasion more smoothly and thoroughly. Everything was set up and they were going to marry after winter passes. As the date comes closer and closer, the more they grew nervous yet excited.

Before they knew it...

They were surrounded by cherry blossoms, the pair walk together towards the Shrine in black kimonos.

Shin reached out his hand to catch a sakura petal. Shin had stopped walking, focusing on the petal on his palm. Haruto matched his pace perfectly and paused when Shin did.

"What are you thinking about?"

"About how much I love you."

"ACK!" Haruto controlled himself from clutching onto his robes, his mother would kill him for ruining his kimono. So instead, Haruto looked constipated, veins popping out of his hands. Shin smiles, letting the petal go. Haruto cries, "Shin, I love you too. So so much..."

"You're already crying?" Shin asks, wiping his soon-to-be-husband's tears away. "Don't cry."

"Shin, why would I not cry?" Haruto blinks a few tears away, clearing his vision only to meet Shin's own tearful expression. Haruto gasped, cupping Shin's cheeks tenderly. "What's wrong, my heart?"

"Is it...really okay for me to have this?"

"Oh Shin..." Haruto gently bumps their foreheads together. "You're so precious, Shin. You deserve so much happiness."

"Thank you...Thank you so much Haruto..." Shin says softly. "Thank you..."

"Thank you Shin." Haruto replies, holding Shin's hand. After a moment of silence together, Haruto asks. "Are you ready?"

Shin nods with a smile. "More than ready."

They didn't need to wait any longer. Hand in hand, they walk towards their future.

-

"How did you fall in love?"

"..." A fond smile appears on Shin's face, eyes full of love and affection. "I had nothing at first. I hated being close with anyone because I feared being betrayed and hurt. I was scared that everyone around me acted fake, out to hurt me because I'm different."