Chapter 6: Starting Over

Shin yawned as he choose a random drink and meal from the vending machine. He didn't really care about what he chose, as long as he could fill the hole in his stomach. However, he did mind something though. A few feet away from him was Suzuki Haruto.

"Still stalking me?"

"It's more of an observation diary." Haruto replied with an amused voice.

"..."

Haruto approached slowly and spoke in a very low tone. "Here we have Nakamura Shin in front of the vending machine, waiting for his prey. His gaze so sharp and unrelenting that even the mightiest of lions would yield and grovel underneath his feet."

Shin sighs as he reaches out to grab his drink. "What kind of shitty documentary are you trying to film here?"

"You're right, documenting what you do is shitty."

"Why you-" Before Shin could reach Haruto's collar, Haruto had already ran off laughing. One day, he will get Haruto and bring payback. If Shin had to compare Haruto to something, he would be an annoying flea that needs to be eradicated as soon as possible. And out of all the people he had to be a flea on, it just had to Shin (Touma).

Shin (Touma) began to wonder. Why him? Shouldn't he annoy Yuuji more? Well, once the main character arrives, Haruto would probably leave him alone once and for all. All the juicy drama comes from the male lead, Yuuji and Kei after all.

Ahh, especially the Field Trip arc. Can't wait to eat popcorn and see it all go down.

But of course, Shin wasn't an idiot. Since he was out of the picture, less drama will happen.

Or...will it?

Shin wasn't ignorant to the rumors and stories spreading about the rejection and what happened between him and Yuuji. Hey, maybe this will add something to the flames when Kei and Yuuji meets.

But he doesn't really care. As long as he could sleep, eat, and laze around, he was satisfied.

After a few minutes, his meal was finally ready and he carefully wraps his handkerchief around the small box. He returns to the classroom to have his lunch. He received a few glances, but everyone went back to their business.

"..."

Yuuji was eating his bento at his desk and Shin didn't give a care in the world. Shin sat down and began to his hot meal.

"..."

"Um...hey."

Why is this dude talking to me? Shin thought.

"Yeah?" It must be about the project.

"Look, I didn't mean to hurt you or anything."

"..."

What the fuck?

Everyone was looking at them. Shin slowly put down his chopsticks and raised an eyebrow at Yuuji. Just what the hell were they discussing while he was gone. Yuuji took a deep breath and spoke. "I know I rejected you harshly and it was wrong of me to say those mean things."

"...Okay?"

"I had to protect my friends. I know I told you this over and over, but what you did to them was wrong too. Uh...What I'm trying to say is...Nakamura, I'm sorry for what I said, but I stand it by it. I can't return your feelings, but that doesn't mean you should harass everyone who comes near me."

"..."

"You'll find someone who's the one for you out there, Nakamura."

"..."

"So let's just turn over a new leaf and move on. We can still be friends if you'd like, but I'll respect your choice if you don't want to um...be friends."

"..."

So he's trying to clear things up as soon as possible.

Shin pondered over it for a just a few seconds and nodded. "Sure."

"...R-Really?"

Shin nodded again. He just wanted to get this over with. He didn't really mind being on good terms in Yuuji, it meant the awkward tension would disappear soon. "Yeah, I'm sorry too."

Almost everyone fell over if they hadn't maintained their balance or held onto something. "What I did was wrong too. I'm sorry."

"I-It's okay, everything's good now, right everyone?"

"Yeah!"

Shin wasn't surprised at their shock. The original Shin really was a big asshole and terrorized everyone who came near Yuuji. "I'm really sorry. What I did was very wrong and I know it'll be hard to just forgive and forget."

"N-No, it's fine..."

Almost everyone began to awkwardly reassure Shin that it was fine. Shin could tell a few fakes, but he didn't really care. He'll be out of their lives soon enough anyway and they would never see him again.

"...Eh?"

Then saw something by the door. Students that passed by their classroom would always look at the same spot with an odd expression. Shin finally realized why when he saw a familiar flea peeking in with a dramatic face.

"..."

Annoying flea.

Little did everyone know, everything was just getting started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Apologies for the late update! I had problems in real life and fortunately, they've been solved and everything is okay now and I'm back on the writing phase! Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed the double update and see you all in the next chapter!