EXTRA 3: Fantasy AU (Part 2)

"I'm so sorry for keeping it away from you Shin-"

"You really think I would care about your title?"

Haruto gasped.

"Haruto, look at me."

Haruto could feel Shin's hands cup his face, forcing him to look up. Shin...looks like he usually does. He didn't look scared, disgusted or angry, he looked...at him like a normal person. "Haruto."

Shin calls out his name more clearly, Haruto's heart beating faster.

"Shin, the prince is your enemy..."

"Well too bad, I fell in love with him. What is he going to do about it?" Shin crossed his arms.

Haruto immediately pulls Shin into a warm embrace, shocking Shin. Shin could feel Haruto trembling against him. Haruto whispers with a shaky voice in disbelief. "You confessed...Shin, you...love me?"

Shin tightened the embrace, pressing his hand against Haruto's back comfortingly. "I do."

"I love you." Haruto confesses, "Please don't leave me. Please don't-"

"Haruto, I won't leave you." Shin cuts him off. "Listen to me. Prince, guard, enemy, whatever, first and foremost you're the man I love. You're my life more than anything else. What your role or title is doesn't matter to me. I will always choose you."

Shin could hear Haruto soft cries through the helmet.

"Shin, I love you."

"Hm, I love you too."

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for hiding this from you."

"It's okay."

"Shin, I'm not lying to you. I really do feel this way."

"I know, my feelings for you are also not half-hearted."

They embrace each other silently, taking in the moment. They feel more lighter, feelings finally out, vulnerabilities revealed and despite that, they feel safe in each other's arms. No place could feel safer than this.

"The reason why you left so many times..." Shin began, he truly was curious as to where Haruto runs off to and he could already guess why.

"The reason why I've been leaving so frequently was to gather information. The Sun Kingdom is in a very chaotic state right now and I had to leave to save my life. Nobody knows the face of the Prince of the Sun Kingdom, so it was easy for me to move around and become a guard."

"I see..."

"I had to get into enemy territory as close as I could, so when I heard that Prince Yuuji was planning to banish you into this tower, I knew I could get a post more easily. No other guard wanted to be the warden...well..." Haruto scratches his neck nervously.

Nobody volunteered to keep watch on Shin other than Haruto.

Shin sighs, not really caring about his own reputation. "It's fine, I'm glad you volunteered."

Haruto continues with a guilty voice. "At first I wasn't even going to watch you properly because I would scout around the kingdom, but...I..." 

Haruto takes Shin's hands. "I'm glad I decided to wake you up."

"Haruto..."

"I don't regret meeting you. I wouldn't exchange it for anything."

"And I feel the same."

Haruto pulls away, confusing Shin.

"I'm ready to show you my face too." Haruto said.

"Really?" Shin asks in disbelief. Haruto chuckles and places his hand on either side of his helmet, ready to pull and reveal his face. Shin waited patiently, the tension rising. Haruto smiled at his reaction and slowly pulled the helmet off.