Chapter 29: Time Throughout

As Haruto packed his things to stay with Shin at his house, they discussed more on what they have discovered. Shin's past life.

"I fear lies." Shin says softly. "Just like words, actions can be deceit. That was my life back then. To protect myself, I wouldn't let anyone get close to me, even if they wanted to help me...There was someone I thought I could be open with, but in the end...He was just like everybody else who couldn't accept me."

Shin noticed how Haruto's fist clenched, trembling. Shin places his hand on top of Haruto's fist and gently smiles. Haruto looks at Shin helplessly and Shin could tell Haruto wanted to do something, but powerless to do so.

"They don't matter anymore." Shin affirms. "Like you said, what matters is we're together now."

"I won't let anything like that ever happen to you again." Haruto says strongly. "You will never have to feel that way."

"And I'll never let you feel loneliness."

The time they spent throughout together was real. They could never doubt that, the very thought of doubting it never came to mind after the truth they held within their hearts was finally revealed.

And beyond, they will continue to be true.

They settle the conversation with ease, understanding and promises. The past will be by their side forever, but it will no longer shackle them. Not anymore. Let it be their message, brimming with great feelings.

And so, the pair prepare to venture out and face the world once again.

A celebration was to come after all.

"And that should be all." Haruto said, checking the basket full of all sorts decorations.

"You said your dad can find these things easily..." Shin began. "Let's hide these in my house. There's no way he would actually go there just to check, right?"

"Hoping so."

There's no guarantee!?

After getting their items checked out, they walked home together back to Shin's house. Haruto had already told his parents that they would be staying in Shin's house. Yeah, he got pushed out the house again.

It didn't take that long at all to reach Shin's house.

As they were about to enter, Yoko was checking the rooms to see if there was anything else she missed to clean.

Once Yoko heard the door open, she makes her way to the new arrivals and bows politely. "Welcome home Shin-sama, and welcome, Suzuki-sama."

"Hello mother-in-law~!" Haruto sang happily.

"No."

Rejected?!

"I feel more like an aunt actually."

That was the problem!?

Wait...Did Haruto just call Yoko-san mother-in-law!!? Shin turns entirely red, steam emitting from the top of his head. Haruto said it teasingly, but Shin would be lying if he said that didn't make his heart skip a beat. Shin knew Haruto wouldn't rush anything.

And wait...Why isn't Yoko-san shocked about this!?

They haven't exactly revealed their relationship-Oh shit...Shin sighs. They were pretty obvious, weren't they?

"Suzuki-sama, I have a room prepared for you."

Already!? We haven't even told her that Haruto would be staying!

Shin glances at Haruto's reaction. Shin was surprised, but at the same time he wasn't. His lover was already ecstatic hearing the news.

"Oh, also Yoko-san. Know where we can hide these decorations?" Haruto gestures to the plastic bag.