Chapter 12: Night Life

Where the hell were these tiny little blue flags?

No matter where Shin and Yuuji looked, whether it be on the trees or literally searching through bushes, they were nowhere to be found. Yuuji glanced at Shin from time to time, who was staring at a bush. Yuuji looked away, lowering his gaze. The whole time they were together, it was so quiet.

They barely exchanged any words other than asking if they had found a flag or not.

"Nakamura, let's move to that spot over there."

"..." He was still staring at the bush. Did he perhaps find a blue flag!? Yuuji rushed to his side. "Nakumura?"

Shin: That looks like a comfy bush...

Yuuji: ...

Meanwhile...

On another part of the forest...

"Suzuki-san..." Kei called out, concerned.

The man was currently pacing around the woods, a serious expression on his face with arms crossed. He was mumbling. "What if he fell asleep...? No, he wouldn't. Takahashi's with him, Shin wouldn't let his guard down...But they've been on really good terms lately! What if he does fall asleep...ahh, my heart can't take this..."

"..." Kei walks over to Haruto and tapped his should. "Suzuki-san."

"Huh? What it is, Keikō pen-kun?" Haruto finally stopped.

"Are you okay?" Kei asks. "We can always go back and-"

"No, we can't go back." That was a fast answer.

"...Are you worried about Nakamura-kun?"

"Keikō pen-kun, what if he passes out!?" Haruto frets. "Tonight is such a beautiful night, it's definitely the perfect time for him to sleep. I bet he's even looking a bush right now and thinks it's a pillow!"

"..."

Kei didn't know how to reply, but one thing was for sure...It seemed like Haruto knew a lot about Shin. "Let's find him and Yuuji as we look for the flags then."

"Please."

"Haha, you care a lot about Nakamura-kun, huh?" Kei commented casually. Haruto stills for a moment and nods at Kei's comment with a smile.

"Yeah."

"We better find him then, but you don't have to worry. Yuuji is with him after all!"

"..." I'm even more worried.

Back to Yuuji and Shin, zero flags have been found. Somehow, Yuuji managed to stop Shin from collapsing on the bush with a bit of careful convincing. He wondered how Haruto was able to deal with this without being fazed by such a threatening glare. Fortunately, Shin backed down after Yuuji mentioned that he would carry Shin if he fell asleep.

"..."

Why did he back down so easily from that!? So he doesn't want to be carried...The Shin now was known for disliking physical contact. Haruto, being the only brave soul to do such a thing with Shin. When he thought about the two of them, Yuuji got a curious thought.

"Nakamura, can I ask you something?"

"..."

Shin, What's this guy up to?

"Sure, what is it?"

"Why...did you like me back then?"

"..."

Why would you ask that all of the sudden!!? Shin thought.

"..."

Shin let out a breath and looked at Yuuji in the eye.