let's go

"You look pathetic just standing there all by yourself."

It was some freakish coincidence that the two enemies happened to be walking on the same street, at the same night, for the same purpose. But keep in mind, their luck wasn't all that great earlier, it's not gonna be great now. "You look pathetic just existing there all by yourself." Y/n rolled her eyes, adjusting the sleeve of her kimono. "Next time, tell your sister not to make plans with her friends and then cancel for her boyfriend."

Just by eyeing the dress, he could tell she was going to the festival. And for the effort, you'd think she'd be going out with a boyfriend. "My sister doesn't have a boyfriend." Mikey denied instantly.

At first, y/n thought she had spilled the marbles and widened her eyes. But it was very obvious. It wasn't like they were trying to hide it anyway. "You do know Draken's on a date with Emma right now, right?" Y/n asked him and moved closer to him in case he makes a run for it to kill Draken.

Never has Y/n ever felt so scared about a man's change in his facial expression. Honestly, she was more afraid of him not having a reaction at all then him doing so. I mean, it's mikey in the end. "Ken-chin told me he was going out with a friend..?" He tilted his head.

Y/n chuckled, "Yeah, sure. Friend for him. To Emma, it's practically a wedding or an engagement party." She looked down at her clothes. "Otherwise she wouldn't have left me to rot in these clothes. I'm gonna kill her when I get my hands on her."

It's a known fact that festivals are a big deal around her in Japan. But to those two, it was an even bigger deal. To see her not go to the festival like they did every single year before they separated was practically torturous. Mikey turned around and started walking. "I'm going to the festival." He announced and continued along his path, while she watched him leave. Reminiscing the old times. "If someone wants to come, they can."

That was more of an invitation than she'll ever get.

"Mikey, look. There's takoyaki." Y/n pointed to a small vendor in the festival. It was a bustling celebration, people found left and right. It was strange that, although they hated each other, they were the brightest people in the place. "Let's see if I have some cash. Oh, wait. I have 15,000 yen." She nodded like they didn't have to fear no more.

In a festival, that was probably begging to be robbed. "Why do you have so much cash lying around, dumbass?" Mikey asked her all overprotective-like. "You know, since we were kids, you were always like some bank." It wasn't a compliment, nor was it an insult.

Y/n laughed slightly at that memory. Toman members would ask her for some money everyday and she really didn't have a problem with it. It didn't seem to decrease. "I still don't know what that's about." She said as they walked over to the takoyaki stand.

They ordered takoyaki from the nice woman with a smile and you'll forget that they're both gang leaders. Y/n's eyes wandered around the festival and it landed on two kids playing on the ground. She tapped Mikey's shoulder to get him to look eagerly. "Look at the girl and the boy playing red hands on the ground." She told him.

He smiled looking at them. The kids just decided to play red hands in the middle of a festival. No, literally in the middle of the festival. "I never got to play red hands. I don't even know how to play it." Y/n said and sent him a knowing glance.

Mikey immediately knew what that meant and so he rolled his eyes. "I know what you're playing at, dingus. I'm not teaching you how to play the easiest game of the century." He clarified and leaned on the stand.

True. Red hands could even be played by newborns if they have to. But she never got the chance to play it and if this stingy guy won't do it, she'll have to carefully read those kids' actions. Which she is doing. "Your loss. I'm an incredible student." Y/n shook her head and sneakily stalked the kids.

The lady prepared the Takoyaki and gave it to Mikey while Y/n was to busy gawking at them. He even paid and everything without her noticing. "Yeah. If an incredible student means taking 2 weeks and a half to learn how to hula-hoop." He said while thanking the vendor.

Y/n turned towards Mikey and rolled her eyes at his antics to make fun of you. "I just have to ask," The worker continued, "How do you maintain such a good relationship as a couple?" She asked like it was a simple question.

Not only were they not a couple, but it wasn't even a good relationship. Like she just asked the most uncomfortable question you could ask the two. "Oh, we are not.." Y/n pointed to the both of them and exhaled at the circumstance. "We're not dating." She shook her head. They weren't even friends to begin with.

The worker placed a hand on her mouth in shock and bowed profusely. "I'm sorry! It wasn't even my place to ask that!" She apologized over and over again that those two had to shut her up just to get a move on.

That interaction made the entire walk over to an alley where they could sit on the ground much more awkward. "Come on, sit. I'll show you how to play red hands." Mikey told her and sat on the ground, opening up the takoyaki box. Y/n grinned and sat happily on the ground, assuming 'red hands' position.

They both played red hands happily just like the kids behind them. That one night, they could leave every responsibility and every regret they had just to enjoy the company of one another. They're willing to try to forget their hate for just this one night.

Eventually, Mikey dozed off and fell into his 'food coma'. They had finished eating the takoyaki box and continued on to a slush or and even a pack of gum, all in that alley. Y/n was staring at Mikey as he comfortably laid his head on the cement wall, closing his eyes in slumber. "You always get sleepy after you eat." She whispered and honestly forgot all about the hating thing.

It was hard to believe he was both leader and founder of a gang. A gang that, at any time now, could end up in a ruthless fight. Then a ringing from Mikey's phone made her thoughts end. "Mikey." Y/n nudged him in order for him to wake up. But he wouldn't budge. "God, I have to do this."

Y/n leaned near his face and blew a huge puff of cold air. Thank god they had semi minty breath. And yeah, he woke up immediately. "What?" Mikey asked, with a grumpy tone.

She sighed softly that she didn't have to take more drastic measures. "Someone's calling you." Y/n informed him while laying back on the  achy wall.

Mikey grunted while grabbing his phone from his pocket. He looked at the caller i.d and then grimaced. "It's ken-chin." He said in confusion.

Y/n squinted her eyes as well, wondering why he'd call. "But isn't Draken with Emma? Why would he call you?" She asked with her arms crossed.

Mikey widened his eyes a bit, pondering if it's that reason. "let me see." He started talking with draken. It was weird since it's not like draken was gonna call mikey and tell him about his wonderful outing with emma. or ask him something out of the ordinary. It has to be a problem or something in that area.

"I'love be right there." mikey said lastly as he ended the call. "Call your gang right now. The fight with moebius is apparently officially starting."