i'll be there

"the fight with valhalla is coming soon" but was soon that near?

on the day of the valhalla fight, why was y/n worried instead of the actual toman members. she had a gut feeling and it was bad. "nothing's gonna happen idiot." mikey tried to reassure y/n.

but if nothing's gonna happen, what's the point of fighting them? she just knew her gut feeling was right. "but i'm not gonna be there to help you guys. meaning, i won't know if things go wrong." y/n worried.

mikey sighed, he himself was tensed. having to fight your old friends, people you trusted, wasn't such an easy task. it was kazutora and baji for god's sake. "nothing is gonna happen."

now y/n laid on the steps of an apartment complex. but not just a random one, specifically, hinata's apartment building. next to her sat hiroko, to stop her from going to the fight. "i'm stupid to worry about it right?" y/n sat up.

hiroko watched as y/n began to spiral. "they'll be fine. i'm just being stupid. right, hiroko?" y/n asked hiroko.

hiroko nodded her head. "yeah, you're a big idiot y/n." hiroko tried to support. but it failed miserably.

y/n rubbed her temple and laid on the steps again. "there's nothing that will get me to go to the fight. i believe in them." y/n tried to relief herself.

little did they know, a young black haired kid was panting right behind them. "uhm— excuse me?" the kid tried to catch his breath.

both hiroko and y/n turned around to look at him. he seemed really young but he was just 2 years younger. "yeah?" y/n asked him.

"are you y/n l/n?" the kid asked.

y/n knew he was familiar, but from where. it was his voice or his hair but it had to be one of them. "yeah who are you?" she asked him, squinting her eyes. trying to recognize the familiar face.

the kid panted for the last time and then sucked it up. "i'm naoto tachibana." he introduced or greeted. he didn't know if he knew her, or she just knew everyone.

"ohhhh, hina's brother. yeah i'm y/n l/n. why?" she asked him.

naoto held out his phone. "hanagaki-kun is on the other end of the call, he wants to talk to you." naoto handed her the phone.

"talk to me?" y/n questioned as she placed the cellphone on her ear. "hello??"

sounds of groans, and mostly pain was the only thing heard in the background. takemichi with shaky breath immediately returned the call. "y/n, you have to come down. quickly." takemichi told y/n, while dodging some people's hits.

y/n furrowed her brows. "no i can't do that. i promised ken-san and mikey that i won't interfere with the fight." y/n told takemichi.

he shook his head. "no you don't get it. they'll want you to be there anyway. god— just come here." takemichi said with worry in his tone.

"why?"

takemichi took a deep breath. it was too painful to even admit. "baji got stabbed." it seemed like the whole world just stopped for a second. "and they need you to be there to guard him for at least the entire fight."

y/n tried to collect her thoughts. "baji got— what? how?" y/n asked again, but silence (not really) swarmed the other end of the call. "i'll be there."