hate it

y'all this might be long but whatever you can handle it.

"before we even got to the hospital his pulse went.." takemichi stopped, since everyone knew the other end of the story.

mitsuya punched the wall. "damn it!" he shouted.

not knowing that the greater threat was just listening in on them in the other hall. mikey walked towards the 3 with a blank stare. y/n followed behind while crossing her arms in sadness.

"mikey-kun.." takemichi muttered, looking at him."draken is.."

"mikey!" "mikey, I.." peh-han and mitsuya said at the same time.

they were all scared at how he will react. peh-yan was just petrified that mikey might think he was the one that stabbed draken. "shut up, all of you. you need to keep quiet in a hospital." mikey walked right through.

the three looked at y/n in confusion. did she talk him over or something? y/n shrugged being as confused as them.

mikey and y/n sat on the waiting room's couch, while all of them stood impatiently. y/n heard a flicker so her head jerked up at it. the "operation in progress" sign was closed, and it was just a bland sign.

y/n turned to mikey but his head hung low. he didn't even bother to look up. she understood that mikey didn't have any doubts.

two doctors walked outside of the emergency room. everyone awaited their answer. "the operation was a success." the doctors declared.

y/n sighed in relief, but it was more than that. she tried to keep her excitement contained. she saw everyone get all excited and jump up. takemichi even shouted in excitement.

but y/n couldn't help but be bothered by mikey. he stood up and walked away. she knew he was hiding something but what was that?

"let's go let the guys outside now." mitsuya signaled for them to follow him.

the boys screamed and ran towards mitsuya. but one didn't. peh-yan stood silent. "peh-yan-kun?" takemichi called.

"i...can't face the others." peh-yan looked down, ashamed.

mitsuya stopped. "we all get that you did what you did for pah-chin's sake. but peh-yan, the person who was thinking the most about pah-chin was draken."

"draken went with pah-chin's parents to go visit him every single day. he knew that only relatives could see him, but he'd bring a gift. then he would wait outside the whole time." mitsuya smiled at his presence. "that's the guy you tried to kill! you'd better apologize."

"yes." peh-yan answered.

mitsuya started walking away. "welcome back, peh-yan."

those words unleashed many tears. peh-yan started crying as the two guys joined the rest. his knees weakened and they just gave up. he even hugged his knees in the process.

y/n walked over to him with sadness all over her eyes. she patted his head. "peh-yan, i always believed in you." y/n stroked his hair, but that just made him cry even harder.

she thoughts he made it worse so she stood up. ken-san could have died today that thought repeatedly stuck to her head. she was in denial about the whole thing. everything that happened. 'ken-san can't die' she told herself. but what if he can? and what if he did?

y/n started crying herself, she just couldn't handle it. but she wiped it off immediately. she walked to the window. i just want to see how the boys are doing she lied to herself as a distraction. to avoid facing the actual problem.

she noticed mikey's figure, laying his back on the wall. before sliding to the floor slowly, in exhaustion. mikey instantly started crying, and she could see him mutter stuff under his breath.

she knew he felt sad. why does he have to act so strong all the time?

y/n scratched her head as she walked over to her door. the doorbell that's been ringing for the past 5 minutes irritated her. she opened the door, not expecting anyone new. but boy was she wrong.

mikey stood there, tapping his foot impatiently. "mikey?" she asked, confused.

"where are you? dont you want to go visit draken with us?" he asked stupidly.

y/n squinted her eyes in confusion. "but mikey.. you told me, that after the fight you don't want to talk to me again. right?" y/n reminded him.

mikey stayed silent. "right." mikey nodded. "you know.. i wouldn't hate it if you stayed."

mikey looked down to avoid any expression her face was making. "REALLY?" y/n shouted in excitement.

mikey nodded his head. "i'd actually prefer it if you stayed." mikey took a lot of courage to say that sentence.

y/n beamed in happiness. "OOH LET ME GET MY JACKET." y/n walked away in happiness.

"wait— i'm having second thoughts." mikey stopped her jokingly. "kidding."

DEVELOPMENT IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP I SEE OUI OUI OUI