marbles

this is gonna be long so forgive me my children

y/n walked out of sachi's house, shaking her head at their childish behavior. but whatever she was remembering, was interrupted by a call. y/n read the caller id which read "draken" so she picked it up. "hey, ken-san." y/n said on the phone.

"hi, y/n. i'm kinda in a rush right now. there's something going on at my apartment complex. could you go check on mikey at 12th street? who knows what he'll do alone." draken said while running.

y/n could basically hear the cars in the background. but still didn't know what to answer. "there's a slight problem." y/n scratched her head.

"yeah? what is it?" draken asked.

y/n heard him in a rush, and she couldn't help but give in. "sure. i'll get going."

-

y/n knew one thing, and it's that mikey basically lives in parking lots. toman meet up at one each and every time it was concerning. so y/n walked inside said parking lot and it was HUGE. filled with many cars. which made spotting mikey so difficult.

y/n took a deep breath, hoping that it won't be as awkward as she made it in her head. "mikey?" she called in a scared voice.

"ken-chin?" mikey called back.

is he that dumb y/n took that deep breath again, and walked over to where he was. she heard his voice so she was sure he was somewhere on the left.

"look what the cat dragged in—." mikey looked at the female figure. "you're not ken-chin."

y/n turned around to the betrayed person behind her. "Y/N?" mikey gasped dramatically.

he covered his hands with his face but he gaped spaces between his eyes to look at her. "yeah. i have to stay with you." y/n sat on the steps of the parking lot.

"and who declared that?" mikey tilted his head just to annoy her.

y/n stared into his soul. "i'm staying here whether you like it or not. draken asked me to be here, and i'm not going anywhere." y/n looked away in stubbornness.

mikey walked over and sat next to her, being stubborn too. "i'm not going anywhere either, i love parking lots." mikey crossed his arms and held his head up high.

"no way!" y/n said sarcastically.

both of them looked away in protest, and it took a while. "i'm bored." mikey expressed. "i'm just gonna leave."

y/n watched as mikey stood up. but then remembered something. "wait, don't go! you'll enjoy this if ken-san was here!" y/n stopped him, so mikey turned around. "and ken-san's not here so.. i'll figure something out."

mikey watched as y/n searched through her pockets. "that's lin's old retainer box" she looked through her pockets. until she found 2 balls, specifically marbles. "ooh, marbles!"

y/n showed him it. "what do you want me to do with it? swallow it? because i did that a lot as a child." mikey looked at the marbles with his hands in his pockets.

"as a child? you did that so often i'm contemplating giving you it." y/n just handed him the marbles. "the actual game is, just throw the marbles and the further you are, you win."

mikey stared at the marble in his hand. "what if i throw it on a car? i don't want to pay for anything." mikey asked her.

y/n rolled her eyes. "dont throw it like that. just throw it on the ground gently. like this" she demonstrated it.

mikey smiled at the marble. "i'm gonna win."

"in your dreams"

mikey might have dreamt a lot, because he did win,, a lot. even though y/n created the game out of thin air he still won. they were on their 35th try and y/n still hoped she'd win. "y/n, win. y/n, win. y/n, win." she closed her eyes in hope.

mikey looked at her and at the marbles. "okay, ready?" y/n told him, ready to throw the marbles so he nodded.

they threw it and finally, y/n won by fate. but not really. "I WON I WON I WON I WON" y/n shouted in excitement.

mikey just went back and sat on the steps. y/n looked at the marble who didn't even move a centimeter when mikey threw it. "damn, mikey it's like you wanted to lose." realization hit y/n like a bunch of bricks. "you wanted to lose. YOU LOST ON PURPOSE?"

mikey clicked the roof of his mouth in anger. y/n just walked gloomily over to the steps and sat on them. "how am i not good at my own game?" y/n asked.

"it's not that you're bad at it, i'm just really good at it." mikey smiled cockily.

y/n pushed him away angrily. but he just stood the same and chuckled. y/n frowned in anger, and mikey noticed that. he hated it.

mikey gently grabbed y/n's chin, which scared the living hell out of her. he made her face him, as he had a small smile. "the only reason i lost on purpose, is because i like you. i don't lose." mikey reminded her.

y/n just stared at his eyes intently, and so did he. mikey still smiled a bit at her. "but i didn't lose on purpose. i like you, and i lost accidentally." y/n told him, still staring at his eyes.

mikey still didn't realize what she had said. "blah blah i mean isn't that the sam— you what?" mikey looked back at y/n.

y/n just stood the same. "oh shit" y/n widened her eyes. she kept repeating those 2 words over and over again.

but mikey was in his own world. he had a proud look on his face while y/n was a nervous wreck. "that bastard ken-chin knew it." mikey smiled at it.

y/n looked back at mikey. he was calm, HOW CAN HE BE CALM? mikey looked at y/n smugly. "so you like me?" he pushed her teasingly.

y/n clicked the roof of her mouth. "shut up. you like me too."

kill me. i just realized i accidentally deleted a chapter that i spent so much time on. I HAVE TO REDO IT GOD