to think

"EMMA'S TURNING 14?" baji asked out loud, so both y/n and mikey nodded their head. "wasnt she just 5?"

they were both walking to where they wanted to surprise emma. "and guess what baji? emma's mikey's sister!" y/n said sarcastically.

mikey's jaw hung open sarcastically. "I did not know that! we learn new things everyday don't we, baji?" mikey looked back at him, who was crossing his arms in anger. "say, what's 4+5?"

baji had enough of them. "ha ha guys i know it's 8." he rolled his eyes, stupidly.

mikey and y/n thought he was joking until they saw the determined look on his face. they both felt worried. "OH MY GOD." emma hurried towards them. the two were too caught up with baji to even notice her.

she went over and hugged the two happily. "i love you guys." she expressed immediately.

y/n and mikey both turned towards her. "hey, emma i'm here too." baji raised his hand, just to keep her aware.

emma pulled back from the hug and looked at baji. "oh baji-kun? you're here?" emma tilted her head looking at him.

baji clicked the roof of his mouth. "why do you guys have it out on me today?" baji scratched his tied up hair. "here, emma. your gift." baji looked around in his pocket and handed it to her.

it was a button. a plain, black button. "a button?" emma asked, trying not to sound impolite.

emma flipped it over to see if there was anything special about it, but no it was just a button. "i stole it from mitsuya. all for you." baji gave her a thumbs up.

emma laughed forcefully and nodded her head as a thank you. "the real gift's at home. but i guess this could work." y/n handed emma a wad of money.

emma looked through it and counted it. "Y/N THIS IS 23,000 YEN?!" emma widened her eyes in surprise.

the three (baji, mikey, and emma) looked at y/n, surprised. y/n shook her head sadly. "i know, it's not enough. but the real gift will help you forget about this." she reassured emma.

mikey looked at her with suspicion. "are you secretly rich?" mikey asked her, still surprised.
y/n shrugged. "maybe i am. maybe i'm not. we'll never know."

baji went over and slung his arm over y/n's shoulder as they kept walking. "share that money with me so i can get me some yakisoba." baji smiled at her and so did y/n.

y/n pushed his arm away. "not gonna happen, baji." she still walked away. "you'll waste it on a button."

baji's jaw hung open. "wow, y/n. you proved rich people do forget about their friends."

mikey stared at the two of them. to think that those two almost died in the valhalla fight. "come on, let's go guys." mikey walked with emma wrapped around his arm.

y/n's face looked bright as she walked emma back to her house. mikey and baji got called over for some trouble with toman and y/n would never later emma walk alone at night.

emma looked at her with hesitation. "hey, y/n. i can tell you anything right?" emma asked so y/n nodded. "i have a person at my school, she's called a guidance counselor." emma said in stupidity.

y/n laughed. "emma, i go to school. i'm aware." y/n reminded her. emma looked nervous, yet relieved.

she looked up at the sky. "yesterday, i had a mental breakdown while doing a test. and that made them suspicious of me. my typical dumb school." emma shook her head, taking it lightly. "they sent me to that wrinkly mess they call a counselor. and she started asking me stuff about my past. she came to a conclusion that i've never seen actual love in my life. what do you think?"

y/n looked down and sighed. "i'm really in no place to say what i think. but.. i mean, i think that too. you've never seen a loving relationship around you growing up." y/n admitted as light as possible.

emma smiled and shook her head. "no but i did grow up with love." emma denied.

"yeah brotherly love but—." y/n was interrupted.

emma stopped and looked at y/n. y/n looked back at her. "not brotherly love. you and mikey." emma pointed at her.

y/n squinted her eyes and tilted her head. "but me and mikey weren't together when you grew up." y/n said in confusion.

emma tried to hide her smile. "sure you guys weren't but you pretty much taught me all there is to know about love."

poor emma. and baji. anyways i am here contemplating (manga spoilers) if i should kill emma off or not. but whatever I HOPE YOU ENJOYED