be sane

(continuation of takemichi's part in 'looks happy')

"naoto.. what are you saying?" takemichi asked at the last thing naoto told him.

naoto crossed his arms confidently. "nothing, really. i was just saying that for mikey to actually be sane instead of insane. you have the break them apart, hanagaki-kun." naoto told him as if it was normal.

takemichi replayed their conversation. it just started with takemichi asking about sohaya's leader. and it ended up with him finding out that y/n and mikey got together. and worst of all is that he has the overwhelming responsibility of breaking them up.

"but i don't want to do that." takemichi remembered them as they were. mikey and y/n bickered a lot. so for them to build a relationship off of that means they really mean a lot to eachother. or they do love eachother very much.

naoto furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "okay let me get this straight. you're okay with being stabbed in the hand but you draw the line at breaking those two apart?" naoto asked in confusion.

"exactly. because i'm harming myself and not them. they did nothing wrong." takemichi shook his head. "well not until mikey went insane."

naoto rubbed his forehead in a sense of it calming down. "so what do you want to do?" naoto asked takemichi.

takemichi gathered his thoughts. "how about i just prevent y/n's death?" takemichi stood up.

he paced around but naoto still wasn't fazed by the idea. "y/n died a year ago. you can't save her." naoto rejected that idea.

"so.. the only chance of a better life is to break them apart?" takemichi asked, hoping naoto's answer would be no.

but even if takemichi hoped his butt off it didn't matter. "yes."

takemichi walked up the sano household's stairs. he looked down and he felt really sad. not only was he gonna break those two apart. they just had so much potential.

why would mikey go insane over someone he didn't care about? he won't do that. that means he really loved her. and she must have loved him a lot too.

takemichi sighed in sadness. the pain he felt when he realized hina was actually dead was probably similar to mikey's. he couldn't imagine how it would feel if your wife, someone you loved deeply, died. it must have hurt.

he looked at the pictures on the wall of the staircase. it all had y/n in it. whether it was emma and y/n, mikey and y/n, shinichiro and y/n,, she was always there.

he walked up to the room where mikey and y/n sat in. y/n lifted up her long sleeve, to reveal a charm bracelet. "mikey, you still have it right?" y/n looked up at him.

he still had a poker face on, and he looked at her with hesitation. "so you do still have it. where is it then?" y/n easily knew his expresssion.

mikey rested his chin on his palm. slightly revealing that the charm is still on his wrist. y/n smiled in happiness but tried to hide it so mikey wouldnt feel embarrassed.

i can't do it. takemichi thought to himself.