Chapter 2: Gongzi You

Thinking of her past, Ye Ci's blood froze.

She gripped the hem of her skirt tightly and loosened her grip. When Ye Ci finally raised her head again, the agony and guilt in her eyes were replaced by her will to be tough and unyielding.

She gazed at Ye Nantian and Zuo Xiaolan, the parents that could give their all for her. A surge of emotion she had never felt before churned within her heart.

They had once lost everything trying to protect their selfish and foolish daughter. This would be a guilt that Ye Ci could never forget.

She had made too many mistakes in her past life. In this life, she was going to do it right.

Dad, mom, this time, it's my turn to protect you!

"I want to be a professional gamer."

Ye Ci voiced out her thoughts word by word.

"A professional gamer?" Ye Nantian and Zuo Xiaolan said in unison, staring at Ye Ci in awe. This was unexpected.

There were many reasons Ye Ci could have had for wanting a gaming cabin. It may have been a bet, or it could be that she simply wanted to show off. It could even be the spur of a moment, but it was inconceivable for her to want it as a career.

She was not a responsible person.

Despite her parents' shocked expressions, Ye Ci smiled. She understood what provoked such reactions from her parents, and she came to realize that she was indeed rather...miserable.

She affirmed her decision: "Yes, I want to be a professional gamer." After a short paused, she smiled again. "Dad, mom, you have taken care of me for so many years. I've grown up now. It's my turn to take care of you."

Being a professional gamer, Ye Ci had given serious thought to it.

She knew her own capabilities. Studying was never her forte, and even if she made it through the four years of studying in a university, she would still merely lead a muddled life.

However, her current situation was different. She had knowledge of what was going to happen in the next 10 years.

Fate was operated by several nations around the globe. It had been said that even the testing stage of the game took 10 years to complete, and different aspects of the game were quite developed. It managed to dominate the market prior to its release, and its glory lasted for more than a decade.

Fate's achievements brought life to the gaming industry, as well as several other smaller industries. It managed to attract people of different ages and occupations.

Fate was viewed as merely a form of entertainment for the young 10 years ago, but within that period of 10 years, it became a irremovable part of human life.

Ye Ci grew from a newbie to the No.1 Sorceress within that 10 years of Fate's golden era, and she knew almost everything about the game, including its patches, and even... bugs.

But in an age and time when Fate was not operational yet, what could Ye Ci do?

It was, no doubt, her destiny to once again enter the embrace of Fate.

But she would do better this time. She would not depend on anyone to achieve success. Her existence itself was like a miracle!

While Mr. and Mrs. Ye were still puzzled by their daughter's 180 degree change in attitude, Ye Ci was already preparing to restart her journey in Fate.

Fate's open beta test was scheduled to be on August 30th, 2050, at 14:00 hours.

When the gaming cabin was finally delivered to Ye Ci, it was already the six in the evening on the 28th of August. She bought some nutrient fluid to be used in the gaming cabin with the pocket money she had earned, and after a long talk with her parents, she decided to move into a place of her own. She intended to rent a room not far from campus.