Chapter 186

Chapter 186 Purity Essence

Ye Ci's voice was soft, but it was still enough to quiet the crowd. It was if time had stopped at that moment; the gathered players were all as stoics as statues as they stared dumbfounded at Ye Ci.

Ye Ci wasn't used to others having such a reaction towards her; she'd never thought of herself as someone special. Nobody in 'Upwards Ho!' would when they saw her, thus she felt like like an alien that had just arrived from outer space.

"Oh shit, it's Gongzi You..."

One of the players gasped in admiration, breaking the long period of silence. Ye Ci let out a sigh of relief the moment he did so—the awkward situation had finally been resolved. Immediately afterwards a large number of players began to send messages in the Map Channel, "Guys, let's gather at the western gate of Dark Clay City! With Gongzi You on our side, we can bring the fight to those Northern Continent scum!"

"Is that really Gongzi You?"

"Are you for real? You're joking, right?"

The Map Channel instantly erupted into chaos. While some players doubted the credibility of such messages, many were excited. A huge number of them immediately header towards the western gate of Dark Clay City to join in on the fun. Some of them also spread the news to the players in their guild, which attracted even more players to the Swamp of Sorrows.

Most of them claimed that they were coming to fight the Northern Continent players and defend their fellow players, but most of them were simply boarding the hype train.

With this, the once-quiet Swamp of Sorrows had become as busy as Champion City.

However, this was nothing compared to the tens of hundreds of players that flocked towards the western gate moments later. Ye ci was relieved when she saw the enormous amount of reinforcements, with so many players from the Eastern Continent present, she definitely be able to slip away. But when they finally arrived at the western gate, Ye Ci realized just how wrong she'd been.

There would always be people like them in the world: People that weren't afraid of dying, or of losing their items and levels. The only that they played for was to have fun, for the rush of excitement, and for the endless stream of gossip. So long as you could provide them with enough of these things, they would gladly die for you.

Ye Ci suddenly realized that she was the source of their excitement and gossip, and immediately felt a large amount of discomfort amidst the crowd of people. It was like she was a an exhibit on display, being showcased to everyone possible. A lot of players ran up to her and took different poses besides as they took photographs with her.

At that moment, Ye Ci felt like she was a statue or some sort of landmark at a tourist hotspot, she'd suddenly become the perfect backdrop for others to take pictures with. The players had even formed lines so that they could take photos with Ye Ci. This was the darkest moment in her life.

With the crowd growing larger and larger, Ye Ci finally decided to act. She refused to allow this situation to continue. She cleared her throat, then spoke to the nearest player trying to maintain order, "Excuse me, may I know your name?"

The player she'd spoken to was an Elf with blonde hair and blue eyes. He turned around after suddenly being called out to, only to be shocked when he realized that it was Ye Ci that had called out to him. "M-my n-name is C-Cactus. G-Gongzi You, is there anything that you need help with?"

"Ah, I've been meaning to ask... Are you guys here to launch a counter offensive on the Northern Continent's players?" Ye Ci would always try her best to be as polite as she could to people who weren't of immediate interest and that she might not ever meet again; nobody knew what the future held. After all, when one gives another leeway, one is giving one's self leeway.