Chapter 187

Chapter 187 A Talkative Commander

Perhaps it was because he was reluctant to lose his dignity in front of this girl, but Purity Essence didn't even hesitate before accepting the responsibilities of being the commander.

Ye Ci was satisfied. Although Ye Ci wasn't incapable of taking charge of this small scale battle, she was reluctant to due to the fact that there was nothing to gain. Additionally, she had also wanted to gauge Purity Essence's ability.

In Ye Ci's previous life, Purity Essence was a very capable commander in both PVP and dungeon clearing. However, his performance was greatly impacted by his incompetent team. As Upwards Ho! lacked a capable and versatile commander, Ye Ci would recruit Purity Essence if he was as good as Green Hill's Moon made him out to be.

After reaching an agreement, Purity Essence made a final request. "These people turned up for you. If I were to step up as the commander, they might refuse to listen to me. Could you please make an announcement or something like that?"

Ye Ci was troubled; she had only barely been able to escape the awkwardness of being the being the players' rallying totem. Wouldn't her situation worsen if she spoke up?

Upon sensing Ye Ci's hesitation, Purity Essence smiled, "Just tell them I'll be taking command, leave the rest to me."

In order to discover the true depths of Purity Essence's abilities, Ye Ci was forced to agree. A message appeared in the bustling Map Channel which seemed as lively as a marketplace, "Purity Essence will be the commander for our battle against the Northern Continent players today. Please join Command Channel if you wish to participate in this battle."

These words were from none other than Ye Ci.

The players at the scene who were only there for fun were immediately roused.

"Wow! It's Gongzi You! This is the first time I've seen Gongzi You!"

"Hurry up! Take a screenshot! Gongzi You rarely appears in a public channel, you'll miss the chance if you don't do it!"

......

Ye Ci stared silently at Purity Essence with a darkened expression, but upon noticing her gaze, he averted his eyes as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. It would be wise for him to settle this matter as soon as possible.

"The Swamp of Sorrows is a neutral territory. Warring is fine, but senseless killing is definitely not allowed! Us players of the Eastern Continent have always loved peace! However, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be viewed as cowards due to our peace-loving nature! Am I right?"

As his words appeared in the Map Channel, only a small number of people responded. However, Purity Essence did not panicked, nor was rushed. Instead, he took his time and interacted with the players, stirring them up. Before long, the Map Channel's activity died down, and players began to pay attention to Purity Essence. Some of them even began to chant, "Purity, create a Command Channel!"

"Are you guys not done organizing our forces yet?" A voiced piped up. It was the voice of a player named Night Pupil.

"Aren't we doing just that right now?" responded another.

"Can you people hurry the f*ck up? I'm almost at the Western Gate, and there's a large group of people behind me! I've died trying to reach this place and you guys aren't even ready yet? How are we even going to fight these sons of b*tches?"

The players in the Map Channel sprang into action after hearing Night Pupil's words. They flooded into the command channel. Only a small number of people remained in the Map Channel, whilst the Command Channel was bustling with activity.