Chapter 112: Not thirsting for fame and glory (Part 2)

As expected of the wealthy.

Ye Ci felt at times that some differences couldn't be discerned without making a direct comparison. She had always felt that the contents of Upwards Ho!'s guild warehouse was quite decent, even if they weren't exactly rich. But when compared to the Steel Blooded Battle Spear's guild warehouse, it was barely enough.

They possessed top tier equipment, high quality gems, high leveled materials, rare blueprints and recipes. Where had they gotten them from? Ye Ci gritted her teeth. Even the Heavens could not tolerate her if she did not steal all of this good stuff. Ye Ci summoned Ol' Four and loaded him up with the lighter stuff such as jewelry, recipes, skill books, gems and other miscellaneous items, filling up all 4 bags carried by Ol' Four.

Ol' Four had a very high weight limit. Even after its bags were filled with the lighter stuff, Ol' Four still had 96% of its carrying capacity left. Ye Ci then dismissed Ol' Four after filling it up with goodies. Ol' Four was tough, but its looks were just too unique. If Ye Ci walked around with Ol' Four in tow, people would recognize her even if she was disguised as an NPC.

After dismissing Ol' Four, Ye Ci did not hold herself back. She began shoving every rare item she could get her hands on into her inventory slots, ignoring any common materials and potions. Despite that, there was still a lot of valuable stuff that Ye Ci was unable to carry.

Ye Ci would feel guilty if she left just like that.

That was why after confirming that she still had time left, Ye Ci moved all the items that she was unable to carry from the storage rack onto the floor. Items placed on the floor, no matter the location, would be removed by the system after half an hour.

Tears streamed down Ye Ci's cheeks as she did the deed. It was too wasteful. If only she could carry more of those items. Letting them go to waste like this was felt like she was being tortured. Lastly, Ye Ci cracked open the safe of Steel Blooded Battle Spear which held the guild's funds.

Steel Blooded Battle Spear's funds were not as impressive compared to the valuable items they possessed. They had only 270,600 gold coins. Ye Ci left 1 gold coin in the safe, as the guild's funds could not be totally emptied. But before she left the warehouse, Ye Ci had a change of mind. She took out a copper coin, deposited it into the safe, and took out the single gold coin.

Zuo Xiaolan had taught her since she was young. One must be frugal, and should not waste when the situation allows it.

That's right! That's the way!

There were 35 seconds left before the sentry on patrol would pass by the guild warehouse once again. Ye Ci opened warehouse's door and peeked outside. She could already see the silhouette of the sentry. Without hesitation, Ye Ci slipped out the door and closed it behind her. In the blink of an eye, Ye Ci had melted into the shadows, hiding right by the warehouse's wall. She was just about to seize the opportunity to leave, the voices of players entered her ears, "Dang, they're exploring the Frosty Wasteland Inner Sanctum again tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be able to join in as a substitute. It's been awhile."

"Being a substitute doesn't bring you any benefits at all. I myself am one of the weaker members of the first squadron. They've never given me any of the spoils, but they complained that my DPS is not enough, and told me that if I couldn't keep up my damage output, they'd kick me out of the party. F*ck it, they've never given me any good equipment, how do they expect me to deal damage? This is bullsh*t!"

"How bout changing guilds? We could join one that shows more love towards its members. We can start over..."

"Sigh, I've earned so much DP, if I don't even get an equipment out of it, I'll feel bad."