Chapter 10: If you can find that map

Within a night, players who had reached level 5 appeared like bamboo shoots that had sprung up after the rain.

Liu Chang gaped at the sheer number of players gathered near the entrance of Icy Cave as she arrived there with Ye Ci.

"Wow, you can't be serious! So many have reached level 5?" Liu Chang eyed the weapons and equipment's of the players with doubt clearly written on her face. She mumbled, "It's so hard to level up in Fate, are they on steroids or something? How could they do it so fast!?"

Ye Ci did nothing but smile. It was easy to level up pre-level 10. Once they went past the level 10 threshold, however, even raising their level by one would be as hard as climbing up the sky. "Let's go into the dungeon." Ye Ci said to Liu Chang.

Liu Chang could not recover from her shock for quite some time. She scanned the player-formed party with doubtful eyes after spacing out for a short moment. She was right. Her eyes were not lying to her. What's more, she had just noticed that there were only 2 people in her party...

"Say, you must be having a fever! Just the two of us?"

"Of course."

"Ye Ci, even though I'm level 5, even though I have the capability of summoning some minions to use as meat shields, you can't act so rashly!" Spoke Liu Chang as if she was a senior showing her junior the ropes, "The dungeons in Fate have very high difficulty, don't underestimate the Prep-dungeons..."

Ye Ci smiled. She interrupted Liu Chang who looked like she had more to say. "We're just going in to have a look. We'll just go as far as we can. There's no death penalty anyway. In the worst case scenario, all we have to do is to restart our progress."

"How about adding more members into our party...?"

Ye Ci flashed an unfathomable smile at Liu Chang and walked away from her. She lit up a torch and said to Liu Chang, "Are you that afraid to die?"

Liu Chang looked at Ye Ci and scratched her head. She gritted her teeth and walked up to Ye Ci, "Fine! I don't mind dying!"

Liu Chang was prepared to die, but with Ye Ci around, it would be quite hard for her to lose her life.

Even after Sator and his two bodyguards had been slain, Liu Chang was still stupefied. It did not feel real for her.

"Liu Chang, come get the loot..." Other than leveling up Liu Chang, Ye Ci invited her to the dungeon for a change of luck. Even when one was riddled with misfortune, luck will eventually come as long one did not give up. However, Ye Ci did not have the patience to wait for it.

"Oh..."

That was the only response that Liu Chang could offer. She pinched her leg and the pain almost made her jump. "It's real" Liu Chang murmured to herself.

As expected, Liu Chang was way luckier than Ye Ci ever was.

The three Bosses yielded 6 Blue items. 2 leather armor, 2 cloth armor and 2 chainmail.

The Blue equipment obtained from the dungeons were far superior to the exchangeable items. Although none of the six were part of the Frost series, it was still sought after by players very much.

A Huntress could only equip leather armor at the early stage of the game, therefore Ye Ci placed the two leather armor into her inventory. Liu Chang was using a class that required cloth armor, and the two cloth armor were no doubt hers. The two chainmail were for Don Yin and Yi Cang, as the former was a warrior while the latter a knight. Ye Ci intended to mail them the equipment after leaving the dungeon.

Of the two leather armor, one was a clothing while the other was a gauntlet. Although they did not possess the agility and speed buff that Ye Ci was looking forward to, they were way superior to her current equipment. She equipped the leather armor and cleared away the mobs, preparing to leave the dungeon.