Chapter 5: A Change of Fate?

Ye Ci passed the piece of roasted meat to the robin again, after which the robin behaved as if it has eaten the 10th piece of meat.

Repeating the same trick, Ye Ci pulled the meat out.

The robin was satisfied, and it pecked out a few feathers.

The bug was successfully exploited.

The robin's programming was stuck at the time when it was eating the tenth piece of meat. It would always think that the meat given to it was the first piece of meat. The feathers required by the repeatable quest could be collected by repeating the process.

Ye Ci threw the piece of meat at the robin after exploiting the bug for what seemed to be the tenth time. She collected all the feathers, put out the campfire, and headed back to the village.

Ye Ci could see flashes of light appearing at the spawning point right after she entered the village.

The time was 14:02:03.

The server was finally officially opened.

"Wow, I thought I was the first one here, looks like there someone that made it before me!" Shouted an elven warrior when he spotted Ye Ci.

Ye Ci nodded her head as a form of greeting and headed straight for Rami.

After receiving the Little Boar skins from Ye Ci, Rami directed her to John the Blacksmith, and then the little beggar.... Why were newbies always used as couriers in every single game?

Ye Ci noticed more and more newbies appearing, and soon, the village was packed full of players.

With much difficulty, Ye Ci finally walked up to little Lemmy.

Ye Ci let out a long sigh. Moving around in an extremely crowded place was never easy.

"Lemmy, the chief said that you're looking for something right?"

Lemmy was a four or five year old child. She looked at Ye Ci and blinked, asking with a doubtful tone, "Are you willing to help me, Huntress?"

"Of course."

Little Lemmy showed a worn dress to Ye Ci. "My mom's dress was torn. I wanted to sew it back together with some beautiful decorations, but I need some robin's Golden Feathers, can you bring some for me?"

"Are you talking about this?" Asked Ye Ci as she handed Lemmy a feather.

Little Lemmy was surprised, "Wow! Huntress, you work fast!"

"Completed quest 'Lemmy's Dress 1', Rewards: 1 copper coins, 100 experience points."

"Huntress, I need a little bit more, can you bring me more feathers?" Lemmy made another request after measuring up the dress.

Ye Ci pulled out another feather.

She immediately heard a system notification, "Completed quest 'Lemmy's Dress 2', Rewards: 50 copper coins, 500 experience points."

Ye Ci was shocked after receiving the notification. All the repeatable quests she had ever come across offered the same amount of rewards, but this particular one seemed to have increasing rewards...

Lemmy requested feathers again and again, which was fulfilled by Ye Ci every single time. When she did that for the ninth time, the experience points accumulated from the rewards alone raised her level by four!

When Little Lemmy asked for the robin's feather for the tenth time, Ye Ci handed her the last feather. Little Lemmy clapped happily and said, "Thank you, Huntress! I'm able to repair my mom's dress for your help! You're the kindest, most patient, and fastest person I've ever met!"