Chapter 6: The Impolite Black Wolf

Although Zol was a rather depressed person, he was quite orderly. After receiving Lemmy's letter, Ye Ci had leveled up from level 4 to level 5. Zol wasted no time in teaching the two level 5 skills to Ye Ci, Slash and Bow Proficiency.

Not only that, Zol even rewarded a Green Bow to Ye Ci because she had been highly praised by the other NPC's in the newbie village.

Sharp Bow: Attack damage 4 -10, Attack Speed +1%, Level Required: 5, Class: Hunter.

Although instructors would hand out weapons to players, the quality of the weapon depended highly on their mood. Most of the players received White equipment, while the slightly luckier ones would get Green equipment's. Only the truly lucky ones might have the chance of obtaining a Blue equipment.

Apparently, Ye Ci's luck was pretty average in this case.

She did not complain. Her past life had taught her to appreciate what she had. She had learned not to reach for something beyond her grasp; she had learned not to be greedy. This brought her peace and closure.

She opened her Character panel and looked at her stats.

ID: Gongzi You

Race: Elf

HP: 250

MP: 120

Endurance: 25

Stamina: 12

Strength: 15

Intelligence: 12

Agility: 26+2(Race Attribute)

Speed: 2

Balance: 12+1 (Race Attribute)

Perception: 6+1 (Race Attribute)

Trait: Sneak (Racial Attribute), Concealment (Class Attribute), Sly, Diplomacy, Leap, Roll, Haggle.

The stats points of every class in Glory were automatically distributed by the system. Of the eight main stats, speed was the only one that needed to be increased by having good equipment. The other seven stats would increase by a total of 16 points whenever a character leveled up.

All the classes were provided with 16 points. The only difference was the distribution of those points.

For example, whenever a Hunter or Huntress leveled up, the system would distribute their stats points as followed:

Endurance: 3, Stamina: 2, Strength: 2, Intelligence: 2, Agility: 4, Balance: 2, Perception: 1.

All the stats were perfectly balanced in their own ways.

Such automated distribution had its pros and cons.

The good thing about it was that it avoided the creation of characters with totally broken stats, while keeping the balance between different classes. The downside to it was the heavy dependency of players on equipment and skills to gain an edge on their opponents.

But from what Ye Ci could see, this was how Glory Corporation earned its money.

When players relied heavily on skills and equipment's, Glory Corporation would earn big, as players would definitely invest more money into the game when the Game Coins and Real World Cash Conversion System opened.

After closing the character panel, Ye Ci straightened up her newbie clothing and headed for Icy Cave.

Before she could reach Icy Cave though, she needed to visit a place called the Crossroads.

All the other classes in Fate, with the exception of melee classes, required different consumables. Mages required different materials to cast their spells, healers required certain mediums, while Hunters and Rangers that used bows require arrows.