Chapter 192

Chapter 192 The Bustling Forums

Purity Essence, who was at a loss for words, stood dumbfounded. Although Ye Ci was a girl, he would still find himself unable to catch his breath after being struck by Ye Ci's imposing demeanor. People like this were born to be at the top of the food chain.

"Because Upwards Ho! does not have any battle commanders at the moment, and you felt that I have the potential, which was why you are interested in recruiting me. Are you satisfied with this answer?"

Purity Essence was reminded of another description of Gongzi You in the forums after listening to Ye Ci's words, "Gongzi You was a person of few words. She would rarely talk to people who are no use to her." According to that theory, Purity Essence deduced that he was useful in some way to Gongzi You. If not, why would she waste so much time in talking to me?

However, he was slightly uncomfortable with being "useful". It was his belief that humans should form relationships based on sincerity. A relationship based on benefit was outright lamentable. If Gongzi You was inviting him into Upwards Ho! as a friend, he would definitely have accepted her request. However, if it was only because of benefits, he would never join Upwards Ho! even if it was way better than his current guild.

He had fond memories that he was unwilling to abandon, and friends in his current guild that he was unwilling to leave behind. This was how Purity Essences was feeling.. He would never seek to abandon his guild unless the guild itself decided to chase him out.

With that thought in mind, Purity Essence let out a sigh. He did not care what people said about Gongzi You on the forums. He enjoyed his interaction with Ye Ci. She was at least straightforward with her words. Talking with such a person is relaxing.

"I'm sorry, but I have to disappoint you." Purity Essence declined Ye Ci's offer.

Ye Ci was not surprised. Based on her knowledge from her last life, she knew that Purity Essence was an indecisive person. People like him are loyal, but could be easily dragged down by their emotions, which led to their indecision. Ye Ci would never waste the time to interact with a person like Purity Essence if he was not good commander material. She preferred to have dealings with individuals who place benefits above all else. Zero Arsenic and Sir ditty were the best examples. It was very tiring to interact with people like Purity Essence.

Ye Ci was not discouraged by something that was well within her expectations. After all, she had experienced something as absurd as inconceivable as being reincarnated. Nothing else in this world could surprise her any longer.

Purity Essence was without a doubt a loyal and sentimental person.

However, there was a saying, "There was no true loyalty. It only meant that the conditions for a betrayal has not been met."

Ye Ci drummed her white slender fingers on Ol' Four's neck and narrowed her eyes while pursing her lips, "It's okay. You can always come talk to me when you've thought this through. Remember, you will always be welcomed in Upwards Ho!."

With that, she sent Purity Essence a friend request.

Purity Essence felt a flurry of different feelings in his heart after receiving a friend request from Gongzi You. He could not describe his feelings, but for unknown reasons, he accepted the friend request.

"Alright, I'll be on my way." due to a tingling discomfort in his heart, Purity Essence spoke up, denying any follow ups by Ye Ci.

Ye Ci smiled, and remained silent. After turning off the chat window with Purity Essence, Ye Ci rode into Dark Clay City.