Chapter 75: Sacrificial Altar

Flame Pillar, Star fall, Light of Enticement.

Flame Pillar and Star fall were both high level magic spells. After level 25, players who came here to clear out monsters would mostly pick these two high level AOE magic spells to defeat the monsters. Ye Ci however, picked the third one - Light of Enticement.

She had her reasons for picking it.

Flame Pillar and Star fall were high level AOE magic spells, and she didn't lack MP. But since it was an offensive skill of mage, any offensive skills that were related to mage classes would definitely involve one attribute - intelligence. Only players with high intelligence could dish out high damage with these kinds of magic spells. If agility-based classes that had relatively lower intelligence or melee classes used this type of magic spell, then its effectiveness would be halved.

Light of Enticement was a skill from the mage's Necromancer Talent tree. This skill could summon different beings to make up for a mage's lack in attack power. Although this skill depended on the Intelligence stats, it only affected the amount of time needed to entice monsters instead of the success rate.

So for Ye Ci, whose class had low intelligence, picking this skill was the most sensible choice. Looking for some fighters to serve her was the wisest thing to do.

After making her choice, Ye Ci saw an additional skill in her skill panel. There was also an explanation below the Light of Enticement skill: Can only be used within the Buren Monastery.

Ye Ci picked a skeleton mage that was closest to the door and then started to use the Light of Enticement on it. She only heard a buzzing noise from the electrical current that was coursing around the skeleton's body. Its name had also temporarily turned yellow from red. If Ye Ci was able to successfully summon it, its name would turn green. If she didn't succeed, then the skeleton mage would immediately shatter and Ye Ci wouldn't gain any experience points either.

Casting the Light of Enticement was a test of patience. Although Ye Ci could brag that she was quite patient, to continuously maintain a pose to cast a magic on a monster could get a little tiring over a period of time. She couldn't help but yawn. She was just thinking to herself that if she couldn't succeed in summoning this Skeleton Mage, she might as well kill it instantly. Just then, she heard the system announcement. She had successfully summoned the Skeleton Mage.

Ye Ci cheered up. The Skeleton Mage's name had already turned green and then it came walking towards her. Ye Ci felt so much more confident after her first success. In just a short while, she managed to "recruit" another three Skeleton Mages. Their names and levels were white in color. If Ye Ci kept roaming around the Buren Monastery without going offline, these skeletons would gradually level up. The highest they could reach was the grade 7 with a dark blue name.

Although there were only four white name levelled Skeleton Mages, they were all monsters above level 30. Their strength shouldn't be underestimated. Skeletons were monsters with very low intelligence. As long as they were successfully enticed, they would very rarely become traitors. Therefore, they didn't go easy at all on the other Skeleton Mages who were their companions just before.

With these four Skeleton Mages, Ye Ci could finally walk around the Buren Monastery without any worries. Regardless of whether it was the speed of killing monsters or moving, everything sped up by a lot. She passed through the corridor and arrived at the once Sacred Pond of the Buren Monastery.

There used to be pure and holy spring water flowing here. The pilgrims would pass through the Sacred Pond to cleanse the filth on their body. Now, the Sacred Pond had long been destroyed. Not only that, the spring water had also long since dried up.