Chapter 90: Final Victory

After a pause, Ye Ci bent down and picked up the colored pearl and opened it calmly.

"Balm of Blessings x1"

Balm of Blessings was a rare item which could increase a player's luck. To Ye Ci, the Balm of Blessings was something with multiple purposes. When an unlucky person drank a bottle of Balm of Blessings before looting a monster, his or her chance to obtain a high-leveled item was increased by 20%. When a player applied the Balm of Blessings to a weapon, the attack power of said weapon would be increased for a period of time. The Balm could even be used when refining items with the effect of 20% increased success rate.

Everybody knew how precious that thing was. Not many were willing to use it in the earlier stages of the game. First of all, they did not have the need of such an item as their level was still too low. There's also the fact that the item was simply too rare.

Ye Ci blinked. You must be joking?

To obtain such an item after obtaining gold coins thru dozens of tries was just too intense. Couldn't her life be more normal? God must've dozed off, thought Ye Ci, it would be impossible for somebody with her luck to get such an item otherwise. It was simply...

Unimaginable.

Hence, this stingy person silently slid the Balm of Blessings into her inventory, and made the decision to take a photo of it. Even if she would be extremely unlucky for the next 10 years, it would be proof that she had experienced some luck at some point of her life.

With the appearance of the Balm of Blessings, Upwards Ho!'s points soared by 500. This was a shock to all the players. Who got what? Bai Mo intervened before the members could start a discussion about the matter, "Pay attention to what you're doing. They're all parties with 100 players. We are at a disadvantage here. Don't forget what we're here for."

Although Bai Mo was pretty average when it came to his managing skills, he radiated the aura of a guild leader. He enjoyed a good relationship with other players, and was fair. He was able to have an imposing figure despite his humble behavior. The whisperings stopped right after he spoke up.

He was right. Upwards Ho! was nothing compared to the other guilds. Even then, there was always a time where the weak could shine. At this point, nobody wanted to go home with a third place. They were aiming to be the champion! The guild members immediately hastened to open more pearls after listening to Bai Mo's words.

Right at that moment, Customer Service No.094 announced the arrival of the Apex Guild from the Northern Continent into the arena for the 4th round.

The countdown timer began as soon the Apex Guild entered the arena. With their 1 minute and 47 seconds advantage, Upwards Ho! had already accumulated 1729 points.

Ye Ci took note of the points of the 3 other guilds while opening more pearls. She felt remorse that the world's top guild, Storm Totem was unable to advance to round 4. She had always wanted to meet their mysterious guild leader.

The place was even more crowded with the presence of Apex Guild. The other guilds, however, paid no heed to them. The distance between the players clustered together showing clearly that they were from 3 different teams.

Such contests of luck meant that advantages came from numbers. The more members there were, the chances that somebody obtaining a rare item became higher was well. Despite a few members in Upwards Ho! possessing very good luck and obtaining quite a few equipment and skill books, most of them had only acquired materials or potions. With only 72 members, their speed and luck was at a disadvantage when compared to the other 100-player parties.

After 5 minutes into the round, the other guilds were slowly catching up to Upwards Ho! despite their lead of 1729 points. Genesis exceeded their points at the 6 minutes and 34 seconds mark, followed close behind by Apex.