Chapter 55: Remote Depths

Bai Mo shamelessly pretended that he hadn't heard any of Ye Ci's grumbling. He went downstairs, preparing to move more of his stuff.

A large box was carried into Bai Mo's room. Ye Ci stared at the box, stunned. Wasn't that a Fate gaming cabin? She had never known that Bai Mo played the game, even in her last life.

Ye Ci and Bai Mo were the only ones left when the movers finished. Ye Ci asked while unpacking the gaming cabin, "Since when did you start gaming?"

"I've been gaming for years now, but it's a secret. I haven't told anybody else, not even my parents." Bai Mo cleaned the surface of the gaming cabin carefully with a piece of cloth

"Gaming is almost like an everyday thing now. Why don't you tell them?"

"They expected me to become a scientific researcher, but I want to be a professional gamer. I know that that they'd be pissed if I told them." Bai Mo tossed the cloth and leaned on the gaming cabin. He smiled, revealing his shining white teeth.

Ye Ci blinked as she suddenly realized something. She pursed her lips and said, "You're so enthusiastic about studying here. Now I know why. You're just here so that you can game in peace..."

"Ayy, you're not cute at all. How can you say such things?" He hugged Ye Ci from behind and messed up her hair.

Their difference between their strengths was too great. It took all of her strength to get free from the bear hug. She panted, gasping for air, "So you're lying about coming here to study?"

"Oh, that's for real though. I wanted to tell them after I've gained success in-game. With that, they'll not object to me being becoming a professional a gamer." Bai Mo observed Ye Ci's already messy hair and ruffled it again.

Ye Ci slapped his hand away and was satisfied when he let out a yelp, "So what's your name in Fate?"

"Remote Depths."

Bai Mo immediately gave Ye Ci his in-game name. She was deeply shocked and stood still as if she was hit by lightning.

Bai Mo was Remote Depths!

Remote Depths was one of the top 20 MT in Fate in Ye Ci's last life. He was a member of Tang Dynasty. His position as a tank in the guild was only second to Wandering Cloud. His skill was far superior to Wandering Cloud's, but Wandering Cloud's equipment was on an entirely different level.

Wandering Cloud was a narrow-minded person. He attempted again and again to sabotage Remote Depths. Left with only the worst of members of the guild in his party, Remote Depths was still able to become famous due to his top-notch skills and good character.

Remote Depths suddenly disappeared from the game one day. Even Ye Ci felt that it was odd back then. She now knew that Remote Depths was her very own cousin, Bai Mo.

Ye Ci had received calls from Bai Mo when she dated Wandering Clouds. He had been advising her discreetly and indirectly to open her eyes and beware of Wandering Cloud. Of course, Ye Ci had chosen to not listen to him.

Bai Mo had called her several times in real life, while Remote Depths was one of the few people who still supported Ye Ci in-game. She thought that he was someone who wanted to take advantage of her but...

"What, is my name too cool?" Bai Mo noticed that Ye Ci had spaced out and waved his hand in front of her face.

Ye Ci slapped his hand away and smiled, "Which guild are you in right now?"

"I just joined Tang Dynasty a few days ago."

"How's the treatment over there?"

"I'm just doing my part, I don't mind." Bai Mo smiled mischievously, "I know you're playing Fate too." Ye Ci raised her eyebrows as Bai Mo continued, "Uncle told me. So, do you need help leveling up?"