Chapter 45: Automaton Formation! First Five

Even though Ye Ci had spoken to her in such a way, she didn't show any trace of remorse. It wasn't that she was seeking the limelight this time, but if these cannons were to be fired by three people simultaneously, they'd need extremely good coordination to kill their enemies in one attack. However, if their teamwork was poor, they could easily cause the eighty-one automatons to scatter, and with the automatons split up, a team wipe wouldn't be to far off.

Ye Ci couldn't say that Grim Moon and Traceless Aftermaths had poor coordination, but her own personal coordination with the two was definitely poor. Rather than wait for the the team to blame it on her arrogance when their uncoordinated team was wiped out, it was better for her to take care of everything herself.

Crimson Millions couldn't bring himself to believe what Ye Ci had said. But since she'd already given them an explanation, it would be bad for him to pry any further. He was only able to nod awkwardly and said to the other party members, "Press forward, towards the stone tower."

Cannonballs rained down on them the stone towers, but after several party members had been sacrificed, the rest of them figured out the way to dodge the cannonballs. They managed to easily destroy the cannon emplacements within 20 minutes.

"These foolish mortals have trespassed into the machine world. No.48 is angry. The invaders made up of flesh and blood are to be annihilated." An ear-piercing sound of metal creaking resounded through the area.

Thus the battle against the reanimated Automaton No.48 began. With the most difficult part of the Automaton Formation taken care of, it was relatively easy to defeat the BOSS. A tank with decent skills was all that was needed to accomplish the job.

The MT of the second squadron was barely qualified for the job. Despite nearly dying several times, he'd survived thanks to the five healers they had in the party.

After a tough battle that lasted about half an hour, Automaton No.48 was finally defeated. The system notified them the moment Automaton No.48 had been defeated.

"Congratulations to Steel-Blooded Battle Spear Guild for completing the 'First Kill' of the Automaton Formation dungeon. Rewards: 300 guild prestige points, 5,000 global main city prestige points, 1,000 gold. Let us remember their names."

"Congratulations on clearing the Automaton Formation Dungeon, Crimson Millions. Rewards: 100 Black Rock City prestige points, 1 Talent Point. Achievements: [Automaton Formation First Five]."

......

"Congratulations on clearing the Automaton Formation Dungeon, Traceless Aftermaths. Rewards: 100 Black Rock City prestige points, 1 Talent Point. Achievement: [Automaton Formation First Five]."

......

"Congratulations on clearing the Automaton Formation Dungeon, Seductive Dance. Rewards: 100 Black Rock City prestige points, 1 Talent Point. Achievement: [Automaton Formation First Five]."

......

"Congratulations on clearing the Automaton Formation Dungeon, 'Gongzi You'. Rewards: 100 Black Rock City prestige points, 1 Talent Point. Achievement: [Automaton Formation First Five]."

......

The party was initially stunned when they heard the announcement. After they overcame their brief shock, they hugged each other tightly, and erupted with cheers. Ye Ci, who was standing to the side, also felt excited after witnessing their excitement. However, she didn't betray any emotions, as she still didn't have any sense of belonging.

"Gongzi, cheer up!" Out of the blue, a person gave Ye Ci a tight hug and slapped her on the back. "I'm so happy that we were able to get a First Blood! I didn't think I'd ever get one!"