Chapter 99: Sneak Attack

Ye Ci couldn't help but laugh as she observed them from afar. Which guild had so much animosity for the Black Plum Guild, that they would go to such measures to prepare such an ambush against them? She already had prior knowledge that they were ambushing someone. If she didn't, she would have thought that they were conducting a military exercise.

However, their position was chosen very well. It was precisely in a dead angle of the small monsters' patrols and was hidden well with natural obstacles. Furthermore, it was near the boss, which made it a good ambush spot. Ye Ci roughly counted the number of people present. There were at least 180 of them. Although she couldn't see their names or attributes, with detailed observation she could see that they were all wearing decent equipment. She estimated that they were all level 21 and above. This team's fighting strength should not be looked down upon, regardless of their coordination.

At this moment, Ye Ci was a little puzzled.

The Black Plum Guild didn't seem to have any feuds. Why would someone make such a large move to mount a sneak attack? Of course, this wasn't the reason why Ye Ci was here. She was here to reap some benefits as the two sides clashed.

It didn't seem very honorable. However, passing up such a good opportunity doesn't seem like a good gaming habit. Ye Ci always felt that she was a good gamer, and a good gamer must abide by good gaming habits.

While she was letting her imagination run wild, she heard waves of chanting close by. Looking over, she saw all kinds of magic unceasingly raising winds in a withered grassland. Just from what she saw, she knew that it would be a hair-raising battle. Although she currently couldn't definitively determine how many people were there, for the people to be able to create such a large scale spell, there should at least be 100 players.

Ye Ci looked at the faraway Warsong Priestess Dorian, who currently had her eyes closed in prayer while facing the sacrificial altar. She roughly calculated, deducting the level penalty, with so many people chasing her, as long as their tactics were reasonable and no one messed up, they would be able to corner her within two to three hours. Unfortunately, the Black Plum Guild was down on luck today.

The people concealed within the trench were as still as corpses. Ye Ci reckoned that there wouldn't be any sound of activity for the time being. Although the enemy the Black Plum Guild faced was an odd mixture of different people forming parties, they had superiority in numbers. Imagine the scene of fifty magicians hurling fireballs at the same monster! In any case, even before many of the fireballs reached the monster, it would have already died.

While they were refreshed from battle, Ye Ci followed them from behind, slowly drawing close to the ceremonial altar where Warsong Priestess Dorian was. When the Black Plum Guild finally wiped out the last wave of monsters, Ye Ci had already climbed up the altar. Dorian was worthy of being an elite wild boss, such human NPCs that had intelligence were in fact hard to deal with. She had a strong awareness and in addition to the level penalty, she would easily discover any danger that entered her territory.

Ye Ci had just walked up the altar when she saw Dorian's eyes slightly open. She looked towards Ye Ci's direction, and an alarmed Ye Ci immediately froze. She managed to prevent herself from being discovered by Dorian. However, Dorian was still tensed as she gazed at Ye Ci's direction for a while before turning her head back and silently continuing her prayers.

Dorian was dressed in a red robe, holding a very flashy staff. On top of the altar she faced was a gold chest.

Golden treasure chest.

Ye Ci's eyes brightened. With the new year's patch, there was a line which stated that in each large map there would be many treasure chests appearing and there would be many treasures within the chests.