Chapter 191

Chapter 191 Poaching

As Ye Ci fled to safety in time, she had arrived at Dark Clay City by the time the thunderous roar came crashing down. As she looked out from the city gate, the skies of the Swamp of Sorrows was covered with rolling cloud, with bright red lightning striking striking into the ground. It was entirely different from the slow change earlier on. The winds and the roar of thunder had picked up. In the blink of an eye, the clouds had even occupied the sky above Ye Ci.

A gigantic red Dragon descended from the clouds, flapping its wings and lashing its tail. It lowered its head and spewed red hot Dragon Breath, enveloping the ground in flames. Thick smoke rose into the already darkened sky. From the gate of Dark Clay City, it was an awe inspiring sight.

Despite such a spectacular view, Ye Ci knew that the players who had not hidden themselves would all be dead under such a raging flame.

Just as expected, players began to grieve incessantly in the Map Channel. Some of them cursed at the system, while others cursed at their commander. There were even others who began cursing at Ye Ci. It was very lively.

Of course, trash talking was something that had never bothered Ye Ci. She was, however, slightly worried about Purity Essence. Despite discovering his potential as a top tier commander after her short interaction with the person, he was still too inexperienced. If he was deeply impacted by this incident and was unable to recover from it, the time that Ye Ci specially spent to uncover such a talent would be a total waste.

She sent a private message to Purity Essence, "How're you doing? Are you alive?"

At that moment, Purity Essence was already a corpse lying on the ground, looking up at the gigantic red Dragon that had soared past the heads of the players. It was a sight for sore eyes. One moment ago he was looking up at the Dragon's underbelly, and noticed the white scales of the Dragon glowing a sick shade of silver, and the next moment he was killed by the Dragon Breath.

"I'm dead." sighed Purity Essence. He then let out a laugh, "Where are you?"

"I'm at the main gate of Dark Clay City." Ye Ci patted Ol' Four who was dispirited and listless. He was a ferocious fellow that nobody would want to mess with. But in the presence of the Dragonia, even Ol' Four showed signs of fear. He even showed no interest to the meat fed to him by Ye Ci.

"Are you safe over there?"

"There's a special shield protecting every city. Don't worry, it can't be breached by the Dragonia. I'm way safer than you are."

Just when the Ye Ci and Purity Essence were having an idle chat, the trash talking in the Map Channel worsened. Ye Ci was never an articulate person. Before she could even think of a way to console Purity Essence, the man spoke up, "Don't mind the banter in the Map Channel. It's not your fault. You know how people tend to trash talk in games."

Ye Ci was momentarily stunned, "Most of them are cursing at you in the Map Channel. Why are you worrying about me instead?"

"I'm a man after all. I don't mind things like this. You're a girl. You're not as thick-skinned as I am." said Purity Essence matter of factly.

Ye Ci was lost for words. A girl?

How long has it been since anyone treated her like a girl? In her last life, she was treated as a mere expert, and experts don't get differentiated by their gender.

I have grown accustomed to not being treated as a girl. What is a girl? The first person that popped into Ye Ci's mind was surprisingly Dong Yin. That's right. A girl should be like Dong Yin. A girl should be gentle, tender, delicate and beautiful. In comparison, Ye Ci was not a girl at all.