Chapter 69: Good things come in Pairs

It was finally over. Ye Ci felt nothing but exhaustion.

When Ye Ci thought about it, the reason her near-empty health bar was filled was probably thanks to the life steal effect on Liepi's Hasty Crossbow. She had to admit that she had gained a lot from this dungeon. The crossbow alone was worth the trip. It was a shame that she had socketed the Tetra Plating onto her Icy Short Bow.

She could at least still keep it around in case somebody she knew played as a Hunter.

In contrast with Ye Ci, the "corpses" of World Conqueror filled the party channel with with cries of joy as soon as their guild achieved First Blood. The revived themselves and rushed towards Ye Ci who was climbing out of the nest. They surrounded her and showered her with applause.

Despite being someone who had reincarnated, Ye Ci was also infected by the party's joy. She broke out in laughter along with them.

Dragon witch was the one who looted the corpse, and Disrupting Shot was of course among the loot along with a few Blue Equipment. Although none of them were suitable for Ye Ci, she was content with just the skill book. Flawless Reflection stared silently at Ye Ci, his eyes filled with suspicion. He then sent her a private message, "Gongzi, we're still in the pioneering stage of this dungeon, but how do you know of the strategy to clear this it? Were you part of the closed beta test? Or..." He continued with a pause, "Or, are you a Glory Corporation Employee?"

Ye Ci pursed her lips. As expected, the question was asked. This was why she was unwilling to help others to clear dungeons. Not only were her personal benefits affected, she would eventually expose the fact that she had prior knowledge of the game.

She knew that her actions would arouse the suspicions of people like Flawless Reflection.

Who said that reincarnated people would definitely be able to live their lives effortlessly? They had their own hardships to face. For example: Hiding the fact that they've been reincarnated.

But Ye Ci had already thought of an answer to such questions. She looked at Flawless Reflection and answered with a half truth, "I've watched videos of the Fate closed beta."

Was there really a closed beta test for Fate? Only God knew.

But Ye Ci who was reincarnated knew for a fact that there was indeed a closed beta test for Fate. The famous players during the later stages of the game were beta testers. They'd signed a contract to keep it a secret, and once they breached the contract, they would need to pay a large amount of fees.

Despite that, there was a rumor circulating among players. It was said that there was an ultra-secretive website hosting footage of Fate's closed beta. However, not many could find their way to the website. Even Ye Ci didn't know if it really existed, but most players believed in its existence anyways.

Flawless Reflection was one of those who believed. When he heard Ye Ci's words, he assumed that she was a beta tester. He was smart enough not to ask any further. He knew that he would get nothing more from Ye Ci.

He nodded, satisfied with her answer to his suspicions.

It was already really late when the group left the dungeon. The party members were so hyped that they decided to go have fun at the largest tavern in Black Rock City instead of going offline. But at that time, Ye Ci who was already very tired and hungry had to decline. Knowing that she was indeed exhausted, the group did not make things difficult for her. After all, they were all deeply impressed by her. A lot of them even sent her friend requests. After receiving 30,000 gold coins from Flawless Reflection, Ye Ci immediately went offline for dinner.

The night's meal was very satisfying.

After learning that Ye Ci had led World Conqueror into achieving a First Blood, Bai Mo was overjoyed, as if he himself had gotten the First Blood as well. He immediately went offline and waited for Ye Ci in her room. As soon as she climbed out of her gaming cabin, he dragged her to the nearest restaurant and treated her to a meal.