Chapter 3: The Side Quest

Fate Officials were despicable.

Not only that, they had shrouded the closed beta in mystery. The server launch was announced out of the blue as well.

12 days before its launch, Fate popped out just like that, out of nowhere. As if the 10 years of silence from its developers were in preparation for the 12 days of frenzy that followed.

In these 12 days, there was only one word left in the world, Fate.

As mentioned, Fate's officials were despicable.

Even with their endless streams of promotion, there was very few announcements or content about the game on its official website.

Things such as Character Traits did not even exist in the closed beta, not to mention on the official website.

The time was 13:30:51, 51 seconds after the server's launching.

Even with 9999 other players logging into the game with Ye Ci, all of them were still tangled with race and class combination, as well as those damned Character Traits.

Nobody could achieve a First Blood yet.

Although being sure about that, Ye Ci did not dare to let her guard down.

Everything had an exception.

She headed straight for the house at the village chief's left.

Although the quest was to kill the rabbits in the "surrounding areas" of the village, Ye Ci knew from her knowledge of the game that killing the rabbits behind the house was sufficient to fulfill the "Rabbit Hunting" quest.

The rabbits at the spot were highly concentrated. There were around 30 of them, but the downside was that the respawn rate was slow.

Nevertheless, the spot was very close to the village chief, making it the perfect place for Ye Ci. Besides, she only needed 15 kills to complete the quest.

She equipped the newbie equipment's gifted by the System and charged into the horde of rabbits, swinging her dagger.

Even at level 1, the rabbit's attack damage were not low. Each of their attacks dealt 2 to 5 damage points to Ye Ci.

Ye Ci was very adapted to playing as a Human sorceress. She was able to maintain an outstanding positioning while dodging attacks with a character that had very low speed and agility. With her playing as the agile and fast Elven Huntress, she shed a tear of joy.

It was such a boon to play as a class with high mobility in the early stage of this game.

Ye Ci slew 15 rabbits under 3 minutes and managed to collect 6 Rabbit Teeth and 7 Rabbit Meat. She wasted no time to head back to the village chief after collecting 10 Rabbit Teeth and Rabbit Meat.

They were the quest items required for the follow-up quest. Although the First Blood for the "Bunny Hunting" quest was her priority, she could not suppress the greed to get First Blood for the next 2 missions and therefore took the risk. She silently prayed that nobody had completed the quest before her.

"Young adventurer, you're the bravest individual I've ever met, in such a short time...." the village chief was bullshitting as usual.

Ye Ci immediately activated the "skip conversation" option.

It was common to offend an NPC if one interrupted or skipped the NPC's dialogue, as everything in Fate had 99% realism.

One could have the sense of smell, touch, and sight in Fate, just like one did in the real world. Every NPC in the game was capable of higher thought functions. Every single action could affect an NPC's view of a player, which would subsequently affect the quality and quantity of the quests given out by the NPC's.