Chapter 177

Chapter 177 Farewell

"If that's the case, I'm the one who is at a loss." Fleeting Time replied with a serious tone.

"You? At loss?" Ye Ci was confused. What the hell is he talking about? "Why is that?"

"I can't even earn a single Kill Glory point after such a long battle, don't you think I'm the victim here?" Fleeting Time replied through a row of text floating above his corpse. Even when Fleeting Time could not express himself well enough through his lifeless corpse, Ye Ci could still feel that she was being teased by Fleeting Time.

She narrowed her eyes and stared silently at the corpse of Fleeting Time, her face devoid of expression, and her thoughts known only to herself.

A curious Fleeting Time did not waste any time in guessing Ye Ci's thoughts, "What are you thinking about?"

Ye Ci snorted, "I'm thinking that... Are you even Fleeting Time? Has your account gotten hacked? Or are you lagging or something?"

"Things like this would only happen like 30 or 40 years ago... Such cases are few and far between nowadays. Why would you ask?"

"The Fleeting Time I know is someone who would never give up even at the last moment. Why did you not fight back?" Ye Ci was extremely curious. If she was unable to gain an answer from Fleeting Time, she might even be downtrodden for a long time.

Fleeting Time remained silent after listening to Ye Ci's question. It was as if he had really turned into a corpse. After a short moment of silence, even Ye Ci began to suspect that Fleeting Time had chosen to respawn.

She raised her foot and nudged lightly at the corpse of Fleeting Time, "Oi, are you still here?"

"Yes." the answer came quickly.

"You don't have to give me an answer if you don't want to." despite her curiosity, Ye Ci was not someone who would force someone to speak their mind. After receiving no answer from Fleeting Time, Ye Ci simply assumed that there was something that was troubling her opponent, and decided not to pursue the matter.

Fleeting Time laughed. He was having a conversation with Absalom when Ye Ci directed such a question at him. After learning that Fleeting Time was defeated by Ye Ci, Absalom made the decision to retreat and ordered Fleeting Time to respawn as Western Continent players are preparing to return to their home continent.

"I ran out of arrows." said Fleeting Time, "You're right, I'm someone who would grasp at any opportunity to defeat my opponents. However, there are times when fate does not give you any opportunity."

Fleeting Time's words were met with silence by Ye Ci. If Fleeting Time had his way, he would have remained at the place and had a longer conversation. After all, it was the only time when he could interact with her without hostilities.

However, there was very little time for them.

"I need to be on my way."

"To respawn?"

"We're retreating." Fleeting Time knew that such information was not for Ye Ci's ears, but at this point, he opted to state the truth, "Congratulations, you've won the siege battle," and he continued after a short pause, "You won't win so easily the next time."

Ye Ci smiled. For an unknown reason, at that very moment, she felt relaxed around Fleeting Time. Of course, it was not because Fleeting Time was lying on the ground. It was the tone they were using with each other. It was as if they were friends who had known each other for a long time. She had rarely felt such a feeling of mutual understanding with someone else.