Chapter 142

Ye Ci's punch missed, but Fleeting Time did not dodge her blow. Instead, he grabbed hold of Ye Ci's wrist and pulled at her abruptly.

The fingertips of Ye Ci's left hand brushed at the flag, but just at that instant, she was pulled forward with force.

A heartbeat later, Ye Ci realized that she was flung away. She gritted her teeth. That guy... He used the Strength difference between a male and female character to fling her out of the flag's vicinity.

If this happened to anybody else, they wouldn't be able to salvage the situation. Her opponent was very close to claiming the flag, and once the flag was claimed it would be very hard to take it back from him. Of course, Ye Ci was an exception.

Just what sort of person was Ye Ci? She was a person who would never give up. She was someone who would do whatever it took to achieve her goals. For Ye Ci, the outcome was the most important. The process through which she achieved results, was in actuality, not that important.

Just like in this moment, Ye Ci spun around in the air and threw a Cat Claw out at Fleeting Time. The grappling hook was entirely different from what Ye Ci had used in the Dragon Dance competition. The current version of Cat Claw had already been improved by Pea Cake as his mastery in Engineering grew. The current Cat Claw was more accurate and powerful.

Ye Ci sincerely felt that she had a talent as a rascal. Of course, it was not something that she would want to show to the world. If she was not such a rascal, she wouldn't have thought of such a shameless solution, and would definitely not resort to such methods that would shame the Hunter class' pride.

Was there ever a Hunter or Huntress who resorted to petty tricks instead of fighting with a bow and arrow?

However, her petty trick paid off. The Cat Claw flew straight and true, connecting with Fleeting Time's belt right before he could come into contact with the flag. Ye Ci tugged with all her might and managed to pull Fleeting Time away from the flag. She flung the cat claw, throwing Fleeting Time clear of the area as she landed. A dull 'thud' could be heard from behind Ye Ci. Fleeting Time must've landed hard.

Of course, Fleeting Time's fate was none of Ye Ci's concern. Her objective was to secure the flag. The moment Fleeting Time was flung out of the zone, Ye Ci put away her Cat Claw and sprinted towards the flag.

As Gongzi You threw her punch at him, Fleeting Time had shifted his position slightly out of reflex, and his hand shot out at a quicker speed, grabbing hold of Gongzi You's wrist. What followed next was purely reflex too.

Fleeting Time leaned sideways, and using Gongzi You's inertia, flung her away. Right after tossing her out, Fleeting Time realized that his action was not quite gentlemanly. After all, his opponent was a female. To be tossed away by him in such an ungraceful manner...

However, under such circumstances, even if Fleeting Time felt sorry for her, it disappeared quickly. After all, a thought was just a thought. He did not make any attempt to rectify his mistake and headed straight for the flag. Gongzi You's performance today was slightly disappointing. Just as the thought floated into his mind, Fleeting Time could feel a sharp object burying itself into his waist. What the hell was that?

Before he could react, he was flung backwards into the air. What the hell just happened?

Before Fleeting Time could land, the force that was tossing him backwards increased, and he flew towards the cave wall like an arrow. Just then, he spotted a long rope in Gongzi You's hand with a 3 clawed hook attached to its tip. There was no such weapon in Fate, which meant that it was an Engineering product.

Fleeting Time was hit by realization. He finally knew what manner of tool had Gongzi You used to toss him out of the ring. In the next moment, he was hit by the cave wall. Despite the pain that jarred his bones, Fleeting Time smiled. Gongzi You was sprinting towards the flag.