Chapter 196 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 196 A Bet (Part 1)

Purity Essence gulped. He was always nervous around Gongzi You. He felt nothing when they first met, but at this moment, his heart was gripped by anxiety and fear. To him, Ye Ci was the devil. Her appearance would spell disaster for his existence. Whenever she appeared, the tranquility of his life would be destroyed.

When Gongzi You was not online for a few days, Purity Essence tried his best to persuade himself that as long as she was not here, he could still return to his normal life.

But... she appeared.

It was just like that day when they first met. She appeared out of nowhere, catching him off guard.

Deep down, he knew that it was impossible for Gongzi You to stay offline forever. However, he still hoped for the impossible: As long as Gongzi You did not come online, he would be able to live in peace.

The presence of Gongzi You shattered that hope. He stared at her, with different emotions flashing through his mind. But in the end, the only thing he could do was to let out a sigh. The person standing in front of him was a reality that he had to face.

"I've only gotten a few. My luck is not that great it seems. I can't seem to catch any of the Rainbow Seashells." having nothing else in his mind, the only thing he could do was to give an answer to Ye Ci's question.

Ye Ci raised an eyebrow, and the ghost of a smile formed on her lips. She was impressed by Purity Essence's response. At least he did not flee upon laying eyes on me. She jumped onto the rock, and sat beside Purity Essence, who was alarmed.

"What? It's not as if I'm going to eat you alive." Ye Ci began fishing with her own fishing rod. After all, she was also equipped with the Fishing skill. It was all thanks to her two gluttonous pets, Ol' Three and Ol' Four.

As Ye Ci began fishing casually, Purity Essence was able to calm down. He did not sense any weird intention from Ye Ci, and resumed fishing as well, while subconsciously keeping a distance from her.

The two fished in total silence, as if they were in a fishing competition.

"That's strange... I'm supposed to be the female among the both of us, right?" said Ye Ci with a slight sarcasm as she stared at her floater.

"What did you say?" Purity Essence who had grown accustomed to the silence was baffled by Ye Ci's words.

"From the way we are right now, it seems as if I'm the pervert that wants to molest you, while you are a pure and innocent little girl, shivering in fear, hoping for mercy. Look at you, you are so tensed and so anxious when you are only sitting next to me. I even have the impression that I morphed into a guy now!" without giving much consideration to Purity Essence's feelings, Ye Ci spat out the words.

As expected, Ye Ci's words placed Purity Essence in an uncomfortable position. He stole a glance at Gongzi You, and found a face full courage and confidence, very different from his own expression. He was embarrassed by his behavior.

Purity Essence chuckled, attempting to clear the awkwardness in the air, "No, it's not that. I'm not scared or anything. I'm just..."

At this point, his frustration rose, and he continued angrily: "I don't know who the hell is spreading rumors in the forums and blowing things out of proportion! I'm not afraid of you or anything. It's just... It's just that I don't want my friends to have misunderstandings about the relationship between us."

Ye Ci was dumbstruck. Her face darkened as she stared at Purity Essence, "I think you're very bad at expressing yourself."

"What?" perhaps because of his insomnia, or perhaps because he was slow, Purity Essence did not understand Gongzi You's words.